Latin Soul Mix ID? (Cookie Monster-R)

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Someone posted a latin soul mix awhile back that started with a clip of Cookie Monster & Maria from Sesame Street. Does anybody know who did it, and/or provide a tracklist? Thanks!

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Second Question -

Price Check

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    Palmieri is $20 - $25.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

• Someone posted a latin soul mix awhile back that started with a clip of Cookie Monster & Maria from Sesame Street. Does anybody know who did it, and/or provide a tracklist? Thanks!

Yo that was me!

I don't have the full track list in front of me. Which track were you curious about?

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Actually, I just wanted to give credit where credit was due. I was playing your mix while my girl was here from Cali the other week and she really dug it. Unfortunately she had an accident back home a mere 6 days after she got back, and is having brain surgery tomorrow. We're hoping the best for her to pull through, but in any event I was going to burn her a CD of your mix as a get-well present. A tracklisting would be awesome.

Though now as I recall, she really dug the song "Amor Secreto" (or whatever) that showed up at the 5 min. mark. She's from Oaxaca so she's totally into those sad regional tunes that she calls "bar songs." If you can give me the artist & title just for that song, I'd appreciate it.

• Actually, I just wanted to give credit where credit was due. I was playing your mix while my girl was here from Cali the other week and she really dug it. Unfortunately she had an accident back home a mere 6 days after she got back, and is having brain surgery tomorrow. We're hoping the best for her to pull through, but in any event I was going to burn her a CD of your mix as a get-well present. A tracklisting would be awesome.

Though now as I recall, she really dug the song "Amor Secreto" (or whatever) that showed up at the 5 min. mark. She's from Oaxaca so she's totally into those sad regional tunes that she calls "bar songs." If you can give me the artist & title just for that song, I'd appreciate it.

Yeah, I read the post about her accident. My thoughts go out to her. And, yes, "Amor Secreto" is a beautiful song. My girl and I like to blast that song at 10 and sing it to each other. Oaxaca is a beautiful part of Mexico. It's kind of sad the shit that's been going down there the last couple of years. I've heard it's gotten better though.

So, I'll pm you a tracklisting later. I'll have to put it together. For now, "Amor Secreto" is by Eduardo Nunez from the album El Arrollador Eduardo Nunez y su Banda Tropical Vol. VII.

I'm glad y'all were listening to the mix.