Feist(y)

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central

I keep waiting for Bjork to make a cameo...

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    is that your daughter in your avatar? she is muy adorable!

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    i like this video , at least it's doing something different.. some cool camera angles too.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Si.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

your daughter is cute,
    but your house is messy.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

I love this song, and I think the video is genius.

I'm not supposed to tell anyone that Kanye has sampled a Feist joint for a track on Twista's new album, and that it's pretty good, and kinda different from anything 'Ye and Twista have done recently.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    who is Feist?

yes disconnected doggie.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    who is Feist?

yes disconnected doggie.

Canadian singer-songwriter girl. She's pretty good.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Canadian chanteuse who's a part of Broken Social Scene.

I like this track, and video a lot. From her album "Let It Die"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

There are a few dance moves that are very reminiscent of "It's Oh So Quiet." I still enjoy this Feist video and song. I like it when she is carried and is running.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    [quote

weird, that's buck 65 dancing with her.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    feist is the first solo female singer that i've liked in a long time.
    her voice is delicious. i actually went to her show (SOFT)

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    Canadian chanteuse who's a part of Broken Social Scene.

I like this track, and video a lot. From her album "Let It Die"

That 'Let it Die' album is one of my favorites, there were a few solid remixes from 'open season' too.

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    I can't get into this type of music... feist, regina spektor etc..

Its nice and all, I don't hate it or nothing. It just doesn't seem to make the big impression on me that it does on many other folks including my friends.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I can't get into this type of music... feist, regina spektor etc..

Its nice and all, I don't hate it or nothing. It just doesn't seem to make the big impression on me that it does on many other folks including my friends.

put on the Feist - "Let it Die" CD for a girl, voila!

• vinylneckvinylneck 50 Posts
    "My moon My man" that's my jam - No homo - can I say that?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "My moon My man" that's my jam - No homo <- can I say that?

^^^ oh hells yah!!!!

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

FEIST = GREATEST WHITE CHICK EVER[/b]

really though, i like this schitt a lot. is it with soulstrut if I like this one?

• is it with soulstrut if I like this one?

Only if I can feel aggrieved.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i picked up a promo 12" of "one evening" and have been really into the b-side...her cover of the Bee Gees "Inside and out"...it's really great and perfect for certain dj gigs i've been getting...like playing at restaurants and stuff.

and the RJD2 video is amazing! i was watching it and was thinking...this area looks really familiar then realized it's the MetroTech / Borough Hall area of downtown brooklyn!

That 'Let it Die' album is one of my favorites, there were a few solid remixes from 'open season' too.

I did one of those... the 'do right remix'. they fucked up the credit tho, long story.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Zero 7ish

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

I was traveling for work recently, and woke up in a hotel, and was kind of not feeling the whole traveling thing first thing in the morning.

So, I'm flipping through channels, and this video comes on. BLEW ME AWAY. Part of it was how unexpected it was, and right place/right time for the song. Part of it was just how damn catchy the shit was.

I was kind of resisting the hype after not lovin' the 2nd Broken Social Scene record, but her music is great, and her cover of Sea Lion Woman is hottlikefire.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    i picked up a promo 12" of "one evening" and have been really into the b-side...her cover of the Bee Gees "Inside and out"...it's really great and perfect for certain dj gigs i've been getting...

I first heard her when I received this record as packing material w/some rap 12s back when it was new. I was surprised, thought it was pretty decent. Later my sister played me the album and it was faaar to indie rock for me (really don't like BSS either).

This video came out a while back, I guess I did just see it on TV for the first time though.

her cover of Sea Lion Woman is hottlikefire.

I wanted to like this but it's one of those songs that, after hearing Nina do it, I never, ever need to hear another version.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Zero 7ish

Kinda -- I didn't realize it until I searched my iTunes catalog, but I first starting liking Feist on a few songs she guested with the Kings of Convenience.

I wanted to like this but it's one of those songs that, after hearing Nina do it, I never, ever need to hear another version.

Huge Cosine on this. As much as I appreciate Feist and her music , this track did not do it for me at all. The thing is, she called it 'Sea Lion Woman' so technically it wouldn't be labeled as a cover but maybe as an interpolation? I wonder.. I don't have the album so I don't know how the credits read.

I just hope people don't think that it is her original song, which I am afraid many people will (insert 'New Jack' graemlin here).

Huge Cosine on this. As much as I appreciate Feist and her music , this track did not do it for me at all. The thing is, she called it 'Sea Lion Woman' so technically it wouldn't be labeled as a cover but maybe as an interpolation? I wonder.. I don't have the album so I don't know how the credits read.

I just hope people don't think that it is her original song, which I am afraid many people will (insert 'New Jack' graemlin here).

The song has been spelled "Sea Lion" in other versions. I can't tell if that's some typo that's stuck through the years.

But Feist's song is definitely a cover of the song.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Her voice is hot, she's not,

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts

The song has been spelled "Sea Lion" in other versions. I can't tell if that's some typo that's stuck through the years.

But Feist's song is definitely a cover of the song.

The song was recorded, as "Sea Lion Woman", for the Library of Congress in the '30s. It's a kid's play song, with no real authority on the correct meaning. Others include: See Lyin' Woman, C-Line Woman, or See Line Woman.

I am probably the biggest Nina Simone fan on this board, and I have heard some beautiful versions of this song. Don't limit yourself only to her.

• 8bits8bits 146 Posts
    Out of curiosity is this the same artist thats in the new verizon commercial? I think song is called " my mom " or " mom " that song is hot