Allmusic.com: Slow a F^ck

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Why is this web site so slow??? I love to use as a reference point, but it is painfully sluggish. I want to read about Heavy D and the Boyz but I can only invest so much time!

Comments

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Why is this web site so slow??? I love to use as a reference point, but it is painfully sluggish.

I want to read about Heavy D and the Boyz but I can only invest so much time!

Discogs is my shit.

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts

Discogs is my shit.
    it's not good to look for stuff, Still allmusic.com' reviews are (along with our man Motown's ! )

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I need the release date of every Uriah Heep record STAT.

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    I've been wondering if anybody on here works there. Overall, it's better since their relaunch a while back, but DAMN, the sh*ts like Myspace...definitely the slowest site of all the places I go.

As far as content, they do an excellent job of covering a big variety of music, and I really dig the features like "album of the day". Usually it's a cool reggae or funk record, or at least something cool worthy of mention.

I've been wondering if anybody on here works there.

I am Richie Unterberger.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    "....white people like Heavy D because he makes Will Smith seem like MOP..."

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    hey Richie, it's Phillip Bergman, were gonna need you to get back to work. Thanks.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I've been wondering if anybody on here works there. Overall, it's better since their relaunch a while back, but DAMN, the sh*ts like Myspace...definitely the slowest site of all the places I go.

As far as content, they do an excellent job of covering a big variety of music, and I really dig the features like "album of the day". Usually it's a cool reggae or funk record, or at least something cool worthy of mention.

I wouldn't mind it at all if I could search their catalog through Google, but I haven't had much success with that -- you just have to labor through their antiquated system. Motherfucker, I need a desk reference set.

UNTERBERGER ANSWERS TO NO ONE

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    UNTERBERGER ANSWERS TO NO ONE

well we'll see what mrs. unterberger thinks of that.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I remember when the info on allmusic was about record releases. It seems to me that the focus now is on cd releases and redirects to cdnow. I rarely go there now but it seems to me that each time I visit there is less worthwhile info.

If you guys say it is full of good information I will try again sometime.

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    I've been wondering if anybody on here works there.

I am Richie Unterberger.

I'll see your Richie and raise you a Stephen Thomas Erlewine.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I remember when I got into allmusic...greatest day of my life! not really, but it is pretty cool to be in there:

http://allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&tok...10:3bfyxq9jldje

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I remember when I got into allmusic...greatest day of my life! not really, but it is pretty cool to be in there:

Nice... sorely abscent are the "themes" and "moods," which is one of the most funny parts of the review.

--insular
    --succulent

I usually sort by "yearning" and just go from there.

I remember when I got into allmusic...greatest day of my life!

Wow, my former band is even listed.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

Nice... sorely abscent are the "themes" and "moods," which is one of the most funny parts of the review.

--insular
    --succulent

I usually sort by "yearning" and just go from there.

ha! yeah thats funny...what sucks is looking at the other releases and seeing "priced from $2.10 to $9.99" Sucks to know something of your creation is only worth $2 to someone...