Basic-ass Myspace Question

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Does Myspace allow people to have links on their page?I typed in the Html code for my blog and it automatically configures it so that it takes me to the Myspace home. What's the deal?

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    You should have created a url when you made
    your profile. The link is shown on your profile page.

For instance, mine is myspace.com/kisstomorrowgoodbye

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Hmmm, I guess I can't do that now....

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

You can change it in your preferences or something.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    OK i guess i'll try to piggyback on this thread.

i decided to join the 21st century and get a myspace account, signed up for one, sent out all my 'friend' requests, and THEN realized you have to have a band/artist account in order to upload songs. Can i change my account to an Artist one? I'm NOT starting a new account and resending all these damn friend requests!!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

i decided to join the 21st century and get a myspace account, signed up for one, sent out all my 'friend' requests, and THEN realized you have to have a band/artist account in order to upload songs. Can i change my account to an Artist one? I'm NOT starting a new account and resending all these damn friend requests!!

the problem with switching over to band form is that then you have A LOT of people that dont accept Friend Invites from band pages. so you have to find a way to have them invite YOU. its kinda whack.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

You can change it in your preferences or something.

It doesn't allow me to..."your unique name that can't be changed"

the problem with switching over to band form is that then you have A LOT of people that dont accept Friend Invites from band pages. so you have to find a way to have them invite YOU. its kinda whack.

hmm... so it IS possible to switch over without having to re-friend your current peeps? I'm kinda bummed about not being able to have my songs up, but seems like it might be more trouble than it's worth. So far my Myspace experience has reaffirmed my reasons for putting the whole thing off this long in the 1st place!

thanks

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

hmm... so it IS possible to switch over without having to re-friend your current peeps?

thanks

that could be a way around it. invite everyone first, then switch over, i guess.

hmm... so it IS possible to switch over without having to re-friend your current peeps?

thanks

that could be a way around it. invite everyone first, then switch over, i guess.

yeah not a bad idea, but i can't figure out how to do the actual switch over. I just sent an 'annoyed' message to Myspace feedback or whatever

thanks again!