MPC Scare!! (any info appreciated)

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i was loading a zip with the internal drive and it got to a sample and made this sound like it was strugglingit kept clicking and clickingthen it finally made it to the next soundi turned it off and tried it againsame thing happenedany thoughts on this?it sounded scary but i dunno why it did that

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    zip drive on its death bed before the dreaded click syndrome. make room for a sd card reader.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Welcome. You are fucked.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    so what yer saying is that my zip drive is basically done?

so what do i need to buy?

an SD card reader?

what is that?

and how do i get the shit i got on my zips to another format before it dies?

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    Had a zip start bugging out, replaced it before I lost the lot.

SCSI card reader

Internal card reader

I would do it sooner rather than later.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

This is the future, don't get another zip drive, shit are defunct and will break again.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    The only advantage of the SCSI card reader is if you don't have a zip on the comp to transfer all your shit (to then transfer to SD cards) you can load up with the zip still installed in the MPC and transfer to the external that way, no comp necessary.

Other than that go for the internal. Switch out is easy as pie.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    and how do i get the shit i got on my zips to another format before it dies?

go to your local dumpster....7 years ago, find a zip drive, load that shit onto your computer and then transfer it to a card, install the new card drive, yer done!

but seriously, finding an external zip drive for a computer for like, a DOLLAR should not be hard. these things are a dead format, nobody wants them anymore.