Tour de France - News

HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Crazy things going on. 2 teams suspended. Rasmussen suspended. What a bunch of idiots. I hope the responsible team managers, riders and doctors will be put in prison. What the hell are they doing??? the downfall of cycling! what a shame...

Comments

• novecentonovecento 20 Posts
    rasmussen was training in the dolomites in italy in june and met davide cassani from rai who told about it on danish tv earlier tonight. i knew it was over right away.

it's really really sad. did you see the pressconference yesterday? 400 journalists, 50 tv camera crews, and he was close to tears several times. riders are simply abandoned by teams in situations like this. the media has great responsability. basically, right now i just hope he can survive and find something else in life. pantani could not, and also vandenbroucke with his suicide attempts.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    If they could only teach Lindsay Lohan how to ride a bike!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    rasmussen was training in the dolomites

• basically, right now i just hope he can survive and find something else in life. pantani could not, and also vandenbroucke with his suicide attempts.

i think what they did was somehow suicidal anyway. EPO, blood doping, gene doping, etc. it's a shame that there's a whole network, but in the end, the riders are responsible for their own life.

• novecentonovecento 20 Posts
    yeah for sure. he took the risk with full knowledge of the possible consequences. i really like him a lot, and not even less after this. i wish i could have something that i wanted so much, that i could do similar kind of sacrifice and hard work to accomplish. on tv they said the whole team is probably out as well.