help identifying Milpitas producer from 1995, Age?

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Age, maybe you can help with this one, or anyone from the bay area. I have this tape of beats that I got back in 1995 I think. I never met the guy who made the beats, but he stayed with my friends brother at some point, but my friend can hardly even remember the guy at all. I think his name was Dreas and I think he was from Milpitas.I posted up the beats and some songs he did with Encore and Grand on my blog. If any of you know who this is, please let me know so I can properly credit him. http://www.myfistinyourface.blogspot.com/ I also added an Ol' Dirty Bastard interview/freestyle from the 10 O' Clock Bomb on KMEL if anyone is interested in that.

Comments

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    Hi,

I asked Grand about this and he replied:

"The instrumentals was made by Andreas (Capital "A", rappin ah stay, witchu for awhile, and wont go away) ...His brother was named Nick (emcee status) white kids from back east with true school flav .... these are old 1994-5-6.

They had a apt in SJ. encore and I would meet up over there and lay low on saturdays.... Dreas was a really good producer and status was a solid emcee ..."

• wow, thanks Stef. I was right. His name was Dreas. Hopefully Grand wasn't mad that I posted those demos. I think his solo demo on there is pretty dope. I always liked that tape.

Thanks for doing the research Stef. I tried to find a contact for Grand or Encore, but their names make google searches difficult. The myspace pages I found didn't seem to be run by them or weren't active in awhile.

Thanks again Stef.

• Grand

DAMN. I lost touch with dude. We where supposed to bang out a little EP like 3-4 years ago.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Dreas also helped Peanut Butter Wolf for his track Chronicles, he did the last part of the beat -> see here

• cool, thanks for adding that info. I've never had a copy of that Lunar Props record.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    He checks the Myspace sporadically if you want to contact him:

http://myspace.com/homelissderilex

I love the Grand and Encore tracks.