''Paul's Boutique'' 2 x clear blue vinyl promo?

ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Has anyone heard of such a thing? My wife swears up and down they had one on the wall of a store in East Lansing back in the day. Additionally, someone in a decidely shoddy Jersey City dive bar (of which there are plenty) also stated that they knew of such a thing and had indeed held same in the two hands they then proceeded to thrust out as if to emphasise the point.In any case, I heard of a double blue vinyl test pressung of the Ill Communication that sold on eBay not so long ago.Any info welcomed.A J

Comments

• tecatetecate 73 Posts
    I don't know for sure but the OG release was just one record (like every hip-hop LP from that period),
    so I wouldn't be surprised about the blue promo version but I'm doubting the 2 record part.

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts
    Has anyone heard of such a thing? My wife swears up and down they had one on the wall of a store in East Lansing back in the day. Additionally, someone in a decidely shoddy Jersey City dive bar (of which there are plenty) also stated that they knew of such a thing and had indeed held same in the two hands they then proceeded to thrust out as if to emphasise the point.

In any case, I heard of a double blue vinyl test pressung of the Ill Communication that sold on eBay not so long ago.

Any info welcomed.

A J

Not too sure about the blue Paul's Vinyl. I thought the OG Ill Communication was green. They had a Root Down EP in 95 that was clear blue vinyl.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    Has anyone heard of such a thing? My wife swears up and down they had one on the wall of a store in East Lansing back in the day. Additionally, someone in a decidely shoddy Jersey City dive bar (of which there are plenty) also stated that they knew of such a thing and had indeed held same in the two hands they then proceeded to thrust out as if to emphasise the point.

In any case, I heard of a double blue vinyl test pressung of the Ill Communication that sold on eBay not so long ago.

Any info welcomed.

A J

I would be surprised to know that the nerds at beastie Mania missed that one.

• Flat Black and Circular?

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    Yessir.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    The group reissued the album on Grand Royal as a double vinyl, but have never heard or seen a blue vinyl promo of it, either on Capitol or Grand Royal. It definitely wouldn't be double vinyl if it was on Capitol, even in promo form.

Anyone have any visual proof?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm willing to bet this doesn't exist. With a group so well known and their catalogue to thoroughly collected and paid attention to, this kinda thing would have to have popped up at least once before.

• Someone needs to make this happen.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Someone needs to make this happen.

Yeah, there's enough people on this board who can come up with some "warehouse find", and really it's Willie at the pressing plant. DO IT, MUFALAKAS!