PRINTING HELP [NRR]

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
ok, so i have a problem im hoping some of you design folks can help with.im looking to get some color double sided printing done on 8 1/2 x 11 linen cardstock. right now its gon run me a dollar a page and i was wondering if this sounds about right or is there something cheaper i dont know about. i need more of these printed and our kinko's "hook up" quit.

Comments

• Back in my copy shop days, single-sided 8.5 x 11" color copies on plain white stock ran $1 a pop. So yeah, ten years later + double-sided + linen stock = $1 = pretty good price.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Quantity is key on coming up on a lower price...

The linen is whats making this costly...

When I *coughs* worked at Kinkos we charged like .89cents a side for color plus .31 cents for the cardstock...Your paying for the conveinvce with Kinkos.

However there is gotta be a local printer that can do it cheaper. Just call around...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    hmm. ok. thanks mike!

Quantity is key on coming up on a lower price...

The linen is whats making this costly...

When I *coughs* worked at Kinkos we charged like .89cents a side for color plus .31 cents for the cardstock...Your paying for the conveinvce with Kinkos.

However there is gotta be a local printer that can do it cheaper. Just call around...

well, i already have the cardstock. it was gon be like less than $1 for just the printing alone. i shall check with smaller printers though. thanks for the info. does anyone know anyone down here in LA?

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    yeh its all quantity based. You're basically paying for press set up and operation. If you do a small run that $300 to get it started up eats into that 500 flyers you need printed really quick.

there are some cheaper smaller printers like PIP and minutemen press and some other small press chain printers that can be cheaper but not always.

The best bet for pricing is to go through and locate all of the printers you can and price them out, try and get them to compete. I would print at least 1000 flyers if not 5000. When you get into those quantities your pricing becomes more reasonable but if you aren't going through a gang run printer then you are going to get taxed no matter what.

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    damn I can't spell...Good luck with that though.

yeh its all quantity based. You're basically paying for press set up and operation. If you do a small run that $300 to get it started up eats into that 500 flyers you need printed really quick.

there are some cheaper smaller printers like PIP and minutemen press and some other small press chain printers that can be cheaper but not always.

The best bet for pricing is to go through and locate all of the printers you can and price them out, try and get them to compete. I would print at least 1000 flyers if not 5000. When you get into those quantities your pricing becomes more reasonable but if you aren't going through a gang run printer then you are going to get taxed no matter what.

yo matt. can i get some names of printers around here?