Top douchebag customers

meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I know theres a bunch of these posts out there, but yesterday we had someone shoot towards the top of the douchebag customer list. A guy comes in trying to return the Parliament Live CD he bought new, the day before. He comes in and is like " I want to return this, I didn't know it was live". I tell the dude we don't do exchanges for new CD's that have been opened. He gets furious and yells that we didn't tell him that. I show him his receipt where it says exactly that in BOLD, and he starts fuming that we should have a huge sign above the door and above the CDs. He was angry to the point he looked like he wanted to fight. I told him we'd buy it back for 4$ and he yells, "THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT!". He took the 4$ anyway, and bought another CD. So, douchebag customer, this thread is for YOU.

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    can somebody agree to terms of sale that arent revealed until after the sale (printed on a receipt)?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    I'm kinda on the side of your customer, as much of a dumbass as he might be. No refunds, I can understand, but no exchanges? Offering to buy it back for $4 is adding insult to injury though. Whatever it says on the receipt, doesn't seem like a very customer friendly policy.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Well, we have a listening station where you can listen to whatever you want before you purchase.

I'm kinda on the side of your customer, as much of a dumbass as he might be. No refunds, I can understand, but no exchanges? Offering to buy it back for $4 is adding insult to injury though. Whatever it says on the receipt, doesn't seem like a very customer friendly policy.

If we offered exchanges, we'd have these same douchebags buying a shitload of CDs, burning them, and bringing them back the next day to exchange them for more. You can listen to whatever you want before you purchase, so theres really no excuses for returns, unless the CD just doesn't work at all.

"I didn't know it was live"

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    can somebody agree to terms of sale that arent revealed until after the sale (printed on a receipt)?

what constitutes a "revealed" terms of sale....a waiver that is signed by the customer? We should all have to, as customers and merchants, sign a consensual merchant agreement that fully explains the terms of the sale? I suppose an in-store sign stating it? But what if it is on the inside of the door, due to biomechanical precendents set forth by bi-pedal locomotion, most customers are not going to see the sign UNTIL they exit the store, and in some cases of exiting have made said purchase before reading the sign. Therefore, all merchants terms of service must be printed in large type, for the eyesight impaired customer, at various levels in the store, therefore to be at eye-level for the vertically challenged and the veretically gifted customers. Also, a tape loop of said terms must be played at a volume no lower than 25db in order to notify sight-impaired customers.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

If we offered exchanges, we'd have these same douchebags buying a shitload of CDs, burning them, and bringing them back the next day to exchange them for more. You can listen to whatever you want before you purchase, so theres really no excuses for returns, unless the CD just doesn't work at all.

"I didn't know it was live"

Maybe he thought it was 'Live' as in 'the beast still lives'! I kid. Maybe he's just not too bright..

Yeah, I get your point about scammers but most people just download that stuff for free. Maybe have a clearly displayed policy that all exchanges are at your discretion?

Yeah, I get your point about scammers but most people just download that stuff for free.

"most people" aren't even that bright.

• It says "Live" right on the cover, no need for anyone to be an apologist for this particular douchetard.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    stores don't have to give you a refund or an exchange...

I think the 4 bucks was fair, thats more then you would have got for a used cd at some of these other places... and thats assuming dude didn't make a copy before he came back acting like an ass... lots of people know the policies and just get loud so you will give them what they want... seen it a million times.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    I can understand why as a customer $4 would seem insulting, but people need to keep in mind that it's going out used, and will be prob priced in the $7.99 range. Honestly, that story seems kind of tame, but I these fools can be annoying.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

It's not being returned in the original condition, though; it was a new product and now, having been opened, it is a used product.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    It's not being returned in the original condition, though; it was a new product and now, having been opened, it is a used product.

This seems to be an incredibly difficult concept for some to grasp.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    It says "Live" right on the cover, no need for anyone to be an apologist for this particular douchetard.

Right. I don't think anyone would have any sympathy for this dude if he had bought a t-shirt, taken the tags off, worn it, and then tried to return it cause he thought it was a sweater.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

I think unless a product is defective or falsely represented, its on the buyer to find out what the terms are, especially when it comes to stuff like returns or products that are easily copied like cds. I thought basically all cd's and software have been non-returnable since like '98 or something, whenever cd burning/ripping became common?

We get a minimum of 2 douchebags a day in our shop, but this one was one of the biggest douches yet.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

what is wrong with having the live cd, anyways? I actually like em live myself.

Maybe he just heard of them.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

what is wrong with having the live cd, anyways? I actually like em live myself.

Maybe he just heard of them.
    i hear that. if there is one band that NEEDS to be heard live it's parliament.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    We get a minimum of 2 douchebags a day in our shop, but this one was one of the biggest douches yet.

Where do I rank? I've got to be in the top 100 due to my listening station habits.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I do not miss working in a record store when it comes to the unusually high douchebag-factor.

7 years was long enough for me.