MC Serch VS. Everlast

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
vs. Career/Rhyming/Albums/Image/Impact/etc.....

Comments

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
    C'mon...Serch!!! Dude was putting out 12"'s back in '86! First white rapper to earn respect from the hip hop community!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    2 Corny ass White Rappers?? I guess go with Serch

lol

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    2 Corny ass White Rappers?? I guess go with Serch

lol

Anyone want to take bets on how much more time we got with Philly Stress?

Anyone want to take bets on how much more time we got with Philly Stress?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    2 Corny ass White Rappers?? I guess go I'll with Serch

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Serrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrch... my friend's got a crazy story about him and KRS-ONE in the early BDP days.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Serrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrch... my friend's got a crazy story about him and KRS-ONE in the early BDP days.

tell us

I like Serch but I gotta go w/ Everlast on the mic.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Oh. we're talking about them RAPPING? I thought this was just about them as

WHITE ENTITIES.

WHITE ENTITIES

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

WHITE ENTITIES.

• Ofcourse white rappers always gotta show off their willy amongst eachother to show wich one of em has a darker tan.

(and therefore show whos the 'Blackest'. Got it?)

• CraigCraig 269 Posts
    it's serch all the way for me. im a big third bass fan especially their first lp.

i could never get away with everlast he made some truely rubbish records.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ofcourse white rappers always gotta show off their willy amongst eachother to show wich one of em has a darker tan.

Actually, no. Please elaborate?

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    I'm not a fan of either's rapping skills, but Serch was behind way more dope songs and albums.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Ofcourse white rappers always gotta show off their willy amongst eachother to show wich one of em has a darker tan.

WOOO-HOOOO.... Strut is en fuego today.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Impact

everlast in the short term, serch in the long term

everlast's singer-songwriter tracks were big hits, but he doesn't have the 'longevity' (read: critical acceptance) of Serch. "Jump Around" crossed over too much to the cornball bar crowd for Future Rap Historians to remember it, and his guitar strummy stuff is not exactly crit-bait either

Everlast's verse on that Dialated People Ear Drums Pop Remix - goin @ Eminem - is heat.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Never was a big fan of either, but I dug 3rd Bass, so I guess I'm going with Serch.

I do recall feeling Everlast on that "Syndication" track from

When that came out in '88, the only other white rappers I had seen/heard was The Beastie Boys, and I thought they were terrible back then. I got the video somewhere on VHS. Everlast sporting a weenie ponytail backed by Sex Machine beats. Can't find it on youtube, damnit. It's been a long time since I've heard that one.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    Serch

I would have thought this was a no brainer ???

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Serch

• DustbusterDustbuster 278 Posts
    Serch

Plus, didn't he help bring shine to Nas? Back to the Grill?

yeah he brought the world "Illmatic."

so you can forget all his work with 3rd bass and KMD and the argument is still a no-brainer.

end of thread please.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts
    Serch - for kicking the line:

"Redfern Houses - where father was afraid to go/
    Was where I first kicked my lingo"

on 'Product of the Environment' and also all that beef he had for a minute with Hammer and them out in LA.

By that logic, wouldn't Main Source have brought the world Illmatic, through Nas's original appearance on Live at the BBQ?

And I vote Everlast, partly because I was all about House of Pain's second album as a teen, but more because he was unabashedly Irish and talked about it. Plus, Serch's delivery and vocal timbre weren't nearly as dynamic as Everlast's. Keep in mind, we're not talking 3rd Bass v. House of Pain.

By that logic, wouldn't Main Source have brought the world Illmatic, through Nas's original appearance on Live at the BBQ?

no Serch exec produced Illmatic.

Huh. How 'bout that.

Impact

everlast in the short term, serch in the long term

everlast's singer-songwriter tracks were big hits, but he doesn't have the 'longevity' (read: critical acceptance) of Serch. "Jump Around" crossed over too much to the cornball bar crowd for Future Rap Historians to remember it, and his guitar strummy stuff is not exactly crit-bait either

Despite Jump Around's popularity, Everlast did his thing on that album.

• ajrafflesajraffles 124 Posts

Huh. How 'bout that.

Also, doesn't [didn't?] Serchlight publish the "Illmatic" musical compositions?

• HamHam 872 Posts

isn't serch partly responsible for that too, since he started non phixion etc?