Zodiac

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central

Just saw this tonight and loved it. I thought it was great the way David Fincher directed it. I bought the book when it first came out and the movie did it justice.

Comments

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    nice film..it didn't quite resolve how i hoped, but then it is a true story, can't fix that really.

i'd be interested to know peoples thoughts on the case, whether they agreed with the films/books perspective and what they think about the more recent DNA evidence. it's funny how they bang people up with no evidence a lot of the time but summat like this they really struggle with.

• radrad 51 Posts
    great movie and proper ost

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    great movie and proper ost
    cosign. One of the best osts ive heard in a movie in a minute. Right from the get go they drop the heat.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    I became obsessed with the Zodiac Killer for a month or so following this film, reading both Graysmith books (Zodiac and Zodiac Unmasked).

Between reading both those books and jumping around from nutty web site to nutty web site, it does seem like almost all the original investigators agree with the film's conclusion, but also that almost all the evidence against the suspect is either circumstantial or things that prosecutors don't think would hold up in court. However, there's so MUCH circumstantial evidence against the guy, that it seems like most of the original people involved don't even question that he's the dude.

I dunno about the DNA evidence, that's a tough stumbling block. As for the fingerprint, many speculate that it was left intentionally by the Zodiac killer, perhaps from the severed finger of an unknown victim, for the following reasons: one: the witnesses to that killing (the cabbie) saw the Zodiac first wipe down the cab, and then spend a minute paying particular attention to the spot where the fingerprint was left; and secondly, the killer left only that one fingerprint between all his crime scenes and letters.

For fans of the film -- they've already announced a 2-disc special edition for sometime next year, so you might want to hold off on this year's barebones single-disc version.

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
    Good film. Very interesting killer.

Found this today on a name-related tip:

Anyone know anything about it? Latvian Disco 4 dayz

- J

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Good film. Very interesting killer.

Found this today on a name-related tip:

Anyone know anything about it? Latvian Disco 4 dayz

- J

I like some of their synth sounds. This one is a one tracker if at all.