Toronto wrap up

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
first of all, shout out to niagara falls/toronto for being filled with some of the nicest people i've ever met, good eats, great record stores and some un-predictable ass weather. the wedding went off with out a problem. we had the jp, 1 witness, my wife and myself, no one else. we got married right next to the falls in niagara. we stayed there for three days. the falls are incredible, if you haven't gone do your self a favor and check it out.alas there was not a single record store in niagara falls, but i did find one spot that had polish records for days. i pulled a good 20 joints including niemen og's, irena jarocka and some other goodies. found some brazil heat as well. the place seems like it's never been dug through and the records were all dollar a piece. on wed. we headed towards toronto, stopped at st. catherines where a few non-record stores held some major latin, reggae and rock heat.toronto was the shit. the guys at cosmos were super nice, one of them i had bumped into at jonnys store, good records nyc. he put me up on to some joints and we chopped it up for a bit. i proceeded to the other cosmos and was treated like i was cut chemist or just blaze. i stepped in and was lead to the owners office to look at the stuff he had not priced yet.i pulled all sorts of records i had never seen or heard. i picked up 3 out of my top 10 wants there.i found one place in kennsington market that was full of hot shit. i got put up on a crazy record by a felow digger,and proceeded to find 2 copies the very next day for dirt cheap. the last night there i went to a masta ace/ wordsworth show and bumped into soulstruts own moss. he was there with marco polo and mr. attic as a producer showcase thing. moss rocked it w/some ill beats, though the crowd was all about marco.all in all it was a great week, thanks to all of canada for a great time.peace,xavier

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I know this is a record collecting site and all, but you spent that much time looking for records on your "honeymoon"??

anyways, glad you enjoyed your stay. The show is a tour for Marco's new album, thus he'll be in the limelight. I passed out by 11 and missed it, sorry marco

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Sounds like it went really well for you man! Come back anytime.

p.s. post pics now.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Yo X:

Congrats to the both of you!Glad to hear that you a lovely time.Despite what it may seem,I know you probably spent more time with the wife than listed:)
    Welcome to the club homie!!!!!

Till then, Congrats and best wishes to you both!

Peace and respect:
    Adrian

• manchildmanchild 56 Posts
    another
    i came to see a friend for a few days and ended up staying a month. and those dudes at cosmos sorted me out nice too... real nice place, really good people

and i got to play a gig with these hot girls wrestling each other in bathing suits. small ones. and i got to wrestle too.

• manchildmanchild 56 Posts
    also any t-dot strutters around that want to have a dig, jam or listen to some records hit me up, i'm out at the end of the week. i think.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    i know it sounds bad in my initial post but i only went out digging a total of like 7 hours between two days. the majority was spent just walking, sight seeing, boat rides and staight up couple type things.

adrian, give me a call i got some shit to play you.

peace,xavier