somebody finally made an SX2 alternative?? (45R)

flatblackplasticflatblackplastic 1,209 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central

ttlab description:
New slipmats made specifically for your 45's from Matsmats. These 7" mats feature a built in 7" adapter (check the close-up). Thick construction.

has anybody seen or used these in real life???

Comments

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    no, but i like what i see.
    good for scartching?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i'm curious too.

• i went ahead and ordered some last night on the strength that they could be as good as the sx2's. 20 bucks is no biggie either way.

somebody on here has got to have seen them IRL though.

• i thought there would be more of an interest in these........hmmmmm

i'll come back in 2 weeks after i've tested them out

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    fucking genious, im down.

• just got these in the mail.
    its basically a slipmat the same size as a 45 with another piece of slipmat material the size of the 45 hole sewn on top. so its rasied up off the main mat by one layer of slipmat material. i was hoping it would be something you could leave on the platter and take 45s on & off quickly from. to get the 45 to fit on their snuggly you have to take it off the platter and push the 45 adapter part thru the record and then sit the whole thing back on the platter. not really that big of a deal but it wasnt quite what i was expecting.

that being said i think they will be really good for mixing, backspinning, and scratching. since the adapter part is basically the same thickness as a record it gives you more room for your hand to manipulate the record. where as on the sx2s you dont even have to touch the actual record to manipulate it.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    Them shits is wacktastic.

• Them shits is wacktastic.

pretty much