Ferris Bueller's Day Off raer

billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
A couple years ago one of my friends was talking about The Flowerpot Men - "Beat City" that was featured in the movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off. It was during the part of the movie where they hop in the Ferrari and go for a drive around the city. The song is pretty catchy and I've always liked it so I added it to my list of things to look for when digging for records.After a short while I realized that the record was difficult to find. A Ferris Bueller's Day Off soundtrack was never released by John Hughes. From what I've read, John Hughes thought the track selection was too diverse and thought it wouldn't sell. However, a promotional 7" 45RPM record with two tracks from the movie was handed out at the movie premier back in 1986. The promotional record was also sent to Ferris Bueller's Day Off Fan Club members. I'm not sure how many of the records were pressed but I'm sure it was a short run.I decided to add the record to my saved searches on eBay and after many months I got an email last week saying it was listed. An antiques dealer in California listed a 200 45RPM record lot with all of the track titles. It was mostly records that I wasn't interested in but I bought the entire lot in order to get the Flowerpot Men promo. When I received the package the record happened to be on top of the pile in a white sleeve. Most of the records in the lot were fairly dusty but the record plays like new. I can now scratch this one off my list.(notice the B side says "Hughes Music")

Comments

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    seems like a lot of records to buy for just one ok track. were any of the other records any good?

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Jeez, I totally knew the lyrics when I hit play.
    How's the track on the flip?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    seems like a lot of records to buy for just one ok track. were any of the other records any good?

I got the whole lot for under $40 shipped (under .20 cents each). There was a promo copy of Bobby Byrd - "Hang Ups We Don't Need" and a couple others I didn't mind picking up so it was worth buying them all. It was mostly 80's pop, and rock, with lots of picture sleeves, mixed with some soul, and 50's doo-wop.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Jeez, I totally knew the lyrics when I hit play.
    How's the track on the flip?

Not my thing. 80's tepid terd?