the kinkos guy said he hates the Sayer

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited April 2005 in Soul Strut
i just went up to kinkos to get some biznass cards done up and i happened to be wearing the SS shirt. dude takes my order, checks the design, blah blah blah, gives me a total and as im about to walk out he says "and by the way, i most definitely hate the sayer."bwahahahaa, shit was funny to me at least. he was the first person to recognize leo since i got this shirt whenever raj initially put them out. anybody else have a semi-funny SS shirt experience?

Comments

• DenmarkVZDenmarkVZ 397 Posts
    I accidentally wore mine to one of our Soul Strut DJ nights and felt like a big dork.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    I accidentally wore mine to one of our Soul Strut DJ nights and felt like a big dork.

hahaa, youre the guy who wears the band shirt to the concert.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dude! I was in goodwill (sans SS tee, but not bare-chested, dig?) Anyhow, I was diggin' & the dude that works there (about my age, latino dude) reaches up on top of the shelf I'm digging at and says "Leo Sayer, dude! You need this! I put him up top" and he's touching a copy of endless filght he's propped up on top of the shelf of records. I was kinda buggin' out on this. I was thinking "am I on candid Soulstrut camera, or sumthin'???" - WEIRD!!!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    BTW, how many of y'all pull out the sayer from crates etc, when digging and put him front and center all calling card style to let others know the spots ben hit? I do it, so does Hermie (i think) cause I was at Savers ,in Hermilo territory , about 2 weeks ago and there he was, our patron saint, saying "you just drove over here for nothing" but I dug in anyway and came up w/ a wack house 12" and some latin record that might have had moody loops on it I really can't remember as I've been scooping up everything latin lately.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    BTW, how many of y'all pull out the sayer from crates etc, when digging and put him front and center all calling card style to let others know the spots ben hit?

i didnt, but i am going to now. ha. good idea.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    I put it up front, but not as a "warning" i just do it cause it is funny.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I just put my copy of ENDLESS FLIGHT in my sale crate, which reminds me I need to put a $35 price tag on it when I get home.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I went to "secret spot???" in O**l**d where sayers had been posted. I found nothing too. Must not be all that secret...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I just put my copy of ENDLESS FLIGHT in my sale crate, which reminds me I need to put a $35 price tag on it when I get home.

books for $55, get your cash rock-o

yo, I put the sayer or firestone xmas in front with streisand and mitch miller

allz realz headz knowz da dealz

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    yeah I like to put Sayers up front in the stacks too. or multiples of any other hideous commons. I used to have a bad habit of bending Tom Jones covers up because of my deep hatred for him. haha

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    somebody asked me why I had Richard Simmons on my shirt one time when I wore mine.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    yeah I like to put Sayers up front in the stacks too. or multiples of any other hideous commons. I used to have a bad habit of bending Tom Jones covers up because of my deep hatred for him. haha
    haha, yeah, ive broken records before at goodwill just because i was so sick of seeing them

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I had a Fed Ex guy start in on a story about how he took his first girlfriend to a Sayer concert. It was as boring as it sounds.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    I had a Fed Ex guy start in on a story about how he took his first girlfriend to a Sayer concert. It was as boring as it sounds.

yeah, that sucks. living in someone elses past, especially a past invloving a sayer concert, sucks.

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    the Sayer used to go to my school (true story) not when I was there obviously