Internal Grounding Tech 1200 Related

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So, I need to change out the RCAs on my 12's and was thinking while I am at it, I might as well ground them internally. I've seen a few of my homies have had this done, but they had someone else do it. I know how to fix my tables, but I am not sure how to do this internally. Any ideas on where I am to run the ground cable or what to ground it to? I thank you in advance for your suggestions, knowledge and smart ass comments....Ott

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    DON'T DO IT-
    the last thing you want is to have some inexplicable ground hum come out of one of your tables, and not be able to do anything about it. There's certain mixer's out there that just can't take that either, they just hum when hooked up to an internally grounded 1200, it depends on how the mixers are internally wired- whether they share a common body ground or have several grounds wired to a grounded plug, etc.
    Get a solderable u-clip for that ground wire and replace the clamped on one you've got on there right now. As long as you don't pull on the cord, but on the connection, you should be fine.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I would advise against it as well. It often interferes with your Microwave if you use that.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    well crap. thanks for the tips! i do use microwave and i know that the grounding can be really touchy sometimes. just thought i'd be saving myself some minor headache, but it sorta sounds like it may create more issues than it resolves. shit.