the Next Conan O'Brien is Pauly Shore?!?!

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.hitchaser.com/nbc-announce-pauly-shore-to-succeed-conan-on-late-night/ With Conan O???Brien scheduled to take over the Tonight Show in 2009; who would inherent the Late Night in the 12:30 spot had been an open question since 2004. Ending three years of speculation, NBC Universal president Jeff Zucker announced Conan???s replacement in a surprise press conference Monday, comedian Pauly Shore.Flanked by Mr. Shore at the podium, Zucker explained that while NBC had long been perusing the industry???s top talent to fill the spot, many front runners were unable to commit to their schedule being free so far in the future. The advantage of Pauly,??? Zucker continued, ???is he was the only one able to conclusively promise he???d still be available in 2009.The son of comedian Sammy Shore and Mitzi Shore, who founded LA???s The Comedy Store, young Pauly grew up around comedians, so when he decided to enter the business himself, he had a unique perspective.???With all the comedians I saw onstage as a kid, I noticed one common denominator; they were all trying to be funny. So I thought to myself, if I don???t even try, I could really stand out.???The strategy paid off for Mr. Shore, as it led to a four year hosting gig on MTV, and a series of moderately successful low budget movies in the early 90???s such as Encino Man and Son-In-Law. However the past decade hasn???t been kind to Pauly, as a series of attempted comebacks, such as the 2003 movie ???Pauly Shore is Dead??? proved unsuccessful.???That movie was especially disappointing,??? explains Pauly, visibly wincing. ???In focus groups, it actually had one of the highest ratings ever for a film title, but that never translated into actual audiences. I guess they thought the name was so clever; the actual movie could only be anticlimactic.???Pauly, who has recently been managing his mother???s Comedy Store, seemed excited about his return to the limelight, but still embryonic about the details. He was unable to confirm if Stephen Baldwin would be his sidekick, did acknowledge he???d repeatedly say ???weasel??? and ???Hey Bud-dey??? in lieu of a coherent monologue, and nodded obviously when asked if he???d use his new position of power to hit on girls too young to realize he???s twice their age.As the press conference came to a close, Zucker revealed that Mr. Shore???s contract has a built in out clause; so if for any reason in the next two years NBC decides to go in a different direction, they could part ways with Pauly, providing him with a severance package valued at over $5 American Dollars.

Comments

• play on playa!!!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    play on playa!!!!

Damn, look at Barbra Streisand's poochy belly. All of them look like the kind of women Joe Rogan mocks in his routines.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    I cant decide who i'd rather NOT see take over for Conan:

Pauly Shore or Carson Daley.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    surprised no one said anything about this last part of the article

As the press conference came to a close, Zucker revealed that Mr. Shore???s contract has a built in out clause; so if for any reason in the next two years NBC decides to go in a different direction, they could part ways with Pauly, providing him with a severance package valued at over $5 American Dollars.[/b]

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who's Conan O'Brian?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    this is a joke right?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

As the press conference came to a close, Zucker revealed that Mr. Shore???s contract has a built in out clause; so if for any reason in the next two years NBC decides to go in a different direction, they could part ways with Pauly, providing him with a severance package valued at over $5 American Dollars.[/b]

dude American dollars?!?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

dude American dollars?!?

FIVE AMERICAN DOLLARS. That's three taco supremes and a beef and potato burrito from the cheap menu at Taco Bell.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I could see this. I think he'd make a decent talk show host. With some good writers anything is possible.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

dude American dollars?!?

That's awesome...

carson daley vs. jimmy kimmel

who y'all got for most unfunny talk show host?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    i think the only real blonde is the girl on the left.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Its like, hey we want you to do this, because your the only one who will. But if we find someone else, and we sure will try, your gone.

• Nobody beats Johnny Carson & Ed.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

AJ after Dark
    Pat Sayjack

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    this is obviously a joke, sorta like an article from the Onion. u guys get this, right?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

AJ after Dark
    Pat Sayjack

THICKE OF THE NIGHT!!!!!!!!

• I find Pauly Shore to be inexplicably funny. I can't help it.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    They should put Pauly Shore, Andy Dick, Carson Daly and a big pile of cocaine in the same room together and roll the cameras. That's about the only way I'd watch any of those guys.

• speaking of conan, who picks the songs for the band to play? Ive heard them play some pretty obscure funk tunes.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    They should put Pauly Shore, Andy Dick, Carson Daly and a big pile of cocaine in the same room together and roll the cameras. That's about the only way I'd watch any of those guys.

so I take it you've never seen this gem?

• They should put Pauly Shore, Andy Dick, Carson Daly and a big pile of cocaine in the same room together and roll the cameras. That's about the only way I'd watch any of those guys.

so I take it you've never seen this gem?

I've seen that gem a few times! came out while I was in basic training.

came out while I was in basic training.

you sound old.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    came out while I was in basic training.

you sound old.

and white

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Encino Man shreddds

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Hmm.. I thought Jimmy Fallon had the Conan spot? Either way, I'm unimpressed. Give that shit to Galifinkais.

- spidey

• came out while I was in basic training.

you sound old.

and white

I am both. I prefer the term "whold".

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Hmm.. I thought Jimmy Fallon had the Conan spot? Either way, I'm unimpressed. Give that shit to Galifinkais.

- spidey

Great call... I'd watch that every night! We watched a little bit of Out Cold last night and decided he should be in every movie ever made from now on.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

That's the best review I've ever seen on a DVD cover. "It's funny--no, seriously!"

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    speaking of conan, who picks the songs for the band to play? Ive heard them play some pretty obscure funk tunes.

That's for damn sure..."Funky Mule"?? Come on!