GOD I HATE GUITAR CENTER

Egbert_SouseEgbert_Souse 920 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Even their customer service phone shit is staffed with retards, just like the stores. goddamit i hate that place so much. but there isn't much of an alternative in SD. But I ordered something online, and I should have known better than to order it through them. I don't know what I was thinking. It could ship tomorrow. or august. ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Comments

• So nobody is gonna vent with me? fine. i'll stew alone.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i hate it too. i dread going there whenever i need something

the rest of those stores arent much better either

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Even their customer service phone shit is staffed with retards, just like the stores. goddamit i hate that place so much. but there isn't much of an alternative in SD. But I ordered something online, and I should have known better than to order it through them. I don't know what I was thinking. It could ship tomorrow. or august. ARGGGGGG!!!!!!!

Their on-line store is the WACKEST SHIT EVAR!!! It's identical to Musician's Friend but way worse.

I ordered something with a gift card last Christmas and got sick of waiting for the shipment status to change after a week. I called to cancel the order and it was like the sky was caving in to re-credit a gift card.

I have to say that the one in Plymouth Meeting, PA is off thou chain, though. I have only fucked with their drum room and the guys are knowledgable and let you go to town. This was not apparent at their Manchester, CT location where a clerk adorning air traffic control ear muffs yelled at me for playing one of the kits.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I hate when dudes pick up guitars or whatever instrument in that store, blast the amp and try to show off their "chops" like they are trying to prove they are the real thing or something.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I hate when dudes pick up guitars or whatever instrument in that store, blast the amp and try to show off their "chops" like they are trying to prove they are the real thing or something.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    my boy used to work there, in store.. he hated it, its all about commission, to the point where they will tell you anything to get you to buy something. There turn over rate is crazy too, except for that one hippie looking dude in guitars and the nerdy guy in pro audio there is always a new face. I can't belive they would put people there who know so little about what there selling.

I saw a dude in there once who got offered like $600 for a year old Triton Extreme in good condition
    that he had bought at the same store for $1200, and its not like they had the new Korg shit there to say "hey thats an old keyboard" the extreme was the most recent keyboard they had out even then...

i much prefer Sam Ash, if only becuase they have higher end stuff out for you to fuck with, stuff I have never seen at Guitar Center.

p.s. they let you play the drums at my local GC

• DongerDonger 854 Posts

Like anyone else, shitty music hurts my ears.

• bozakbozak 334 Posts
    they dont have anything besides GC in SD????

• they dont have anything besides GC in SD????

Not that I know of... I mean, they have "guitar stores" I guess, but I don't play the guitar, so that doesn't do much for me.....

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts

I saw a dude in there once who got offered like $600 for a year old Triton Extreme in good condition
    that he had bought at the same store for $1200

50% of retail is a pretty square deal when it comes to any sort of used goods, especially ones that are going to be re-sold. Just saying.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    they dont have anything besides GC in SD????
    nope. CSL, but most people I know haven't hit that place in years.

• Check it out though. This is what I'm gonna do.

I'm getting an 88 key midi contoller right? So what I want to do is get a real piano from goodwill or some shit and rip all the guts out of it and then put the controller where the keys were. and then where the soundboard was would be where the speakers go. And then maybe strip off the finish and give it a dope paint job or something.... awesome!

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    I can't help you with that as much as I could with a Caddy. What happened to your Cadillac aspirations?

• I can't help you with that as much as I could with a Caddy. What happened to your Cadillac aspirations?

reality

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Like anyone else, shitty music hurts my ears.

DON'T TET RAJMAHAL'S GERRY RAFFERTY-ESQUE GUITAR SHRED

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    One of the Guitar Centers here in Dallas is staffed with what looks like 10 Styxx Tribute band members.

About 5 years ago my youngest daughter went in their Drum Room and started playing. The "drum tech" pulled me aside and said "Damn, how long has your son been playing he's friggin good?"

When I told her what he said she was pissed and swore she would never step foot in one of their stores again.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    I can't go in that place. It's too much and it's hard to find someone who knows what the fuck they're talking about.

I bought my last digidesign piece from West LA Music in Universal City. They were cool. It was pleasant, but I got the feeling they were trying to rape my pocketbook so I had to bargain a bit. Much better than GC even if it is easier to get a discount there. You get what you pay for.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i've only been to the guitar center in nyc on 14th but my experience was all right. you absolutely need to do your own research before going there because those fuckers will straight up lie to you to get a sale. the one good thing about that place is that most of the sales people are ruthless with the price matching .

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    How is it that they can only stock the most expensive XLRs and cables. It's all like "yeah man, that mic is like half off!" then there they grab a cable and all of a sudden you are spending more on the cables than the mic!!!

I think they are riding the whole "we're the only place in town" can't wait to see them dessimated by turntable lab or something....

turntable lab

what 'appened to lab cabin?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    Lab Cabin is cool for DJ gear. I bought my dildo there, but the studio needs more than they can offer.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Labcabin's target for "studio gear" are djs who are just getting into producing so that basically dictates what they carry...

no, I meant since when can you type "turntable lab"
    and have it not show up as lab cabin?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Labcabin
    Labcabin
    turntable lab

first one was t t l
    second one was turntable.lab

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Probably a few years ago. I just assumed it's to keep that site from getting free advertising on this site? since so many people mention it, unintentionally or otherwise.

Probably a few years ago. I just assumed it's to keep that site from getting free advertising on this site? since so many people mention it, unintentionally or otherwise.

r i f

• artistic of deep rooted works at the guitar ctr in s.d. and has always treated me good and given me fair lower than retail prices. next time you go in there try bringing him an mp3 data disc with some good music and intruduce yourself to him. chances are he'll take care of you too. i also have a cadi el dorado for sale '72 near mint condition same one as fear and loathing and the devils rejects. 67,000 original miles black on white. $3000 obo

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    Labcabin
    Labcabin
    turntable lab

first one was t t l
    second one was turntable.lab

Microwave

• debardebar 215 Posts
    For online orders, I recommend B&H (bhphotovideo.com). I've ordered monitors, keyboards, audio interfaces, headphones, accessories, etc. from them over the last few years and have never had a problem with them. They also have lower prices for a lot of gear compared to other online stores.

If I want to try out some gear, I'll go to the local Guitar Center, but 95% of the time I'll end up buying it through B&H.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Guitar Center is a fucking joke. Am am sooo happy this is no longer my local music gear super retailer.