Are black beans supposed to taste minty? ??? (NRR)

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I just had some noodles in black bean sauce and the whole beans tasted really minty - I've never experienced this before...ASER!! AM I POISONED?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Did you take your gum out before you ate?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    my best guess is either they stored the two next to each other in the fridge or they were washed together. Thus flavour contamination.

where was this at?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lol - I don't chew gum!

And it wasn't a fermented minty taste, but plain minty, like chewy Tic Tacs!

Folks at work are not too much help.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    chewy Tic Tacs!

grody!!!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    my best guess is either they stored the two next to each other in the fridge or they were washed together. Thus flavour contamination.

Good point. Perhaps they were grown in close proximity, and the beans took on some of the mint flavor due to pollen exposure, like a wine will?

where was this at?

Thanks - I hope that's all it was!

You know what? I am embarrassed to tell you. I feel like I should bust out with this 5-star restuarant name but it was from Spring Rolls cause it's close to work...Yea.

I wish...no, they called it Ho Fun in black bean sauce.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Do you think they could have been junior mints?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    gasssssp, spring rolls, oh the horror, haha.

then yeah, I would be 99% sure that's what happened. What major intersection are you at for work, perhaps I can refer you to a more worthwhile but pocket friendly estrablishments.

Again, I wish! They were too small to be Junior Mints - lol.

A - That would be so good if you did that - THANK YOU. I work at Bay and Gerrard...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Mine do

oh word? same size too? just want to be sure we're talking abot the same thing:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LOL.......

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "BLACK BEANS BIGGER THAN THE EPCOT CENTER!"