90s hiphop promo tee you rock the most?

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
C'mon Jinx: headz wanna know.

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    The only 2 that I still own are my MC Ehit "All For The Money" shirt and my Ruffhouse Records (with) "Tim Dogg, Cypress Hill, Kross Kross, To Be Continued..." on the back) from my days of working as an intern at Ruffhouse.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I rock doubles of the Wu-Tang "Forever" shirt, yo.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    these are in storage but got regular rotation up until a few years ago:

(this is from Hollywood Basic, not Stonesthrow)

lately I've been rocking a KMD "Mr. Hood" and Digable Planets "Time.." tshirts

• I still got that Pharcyde grey heather with the hydrant pissing on the dog!!! (see above)

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Soul assassins 2

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    yo I had that Bums shirt and if I remember correctly it is by far the THINNEST t-shirt ever made in the history of mankind. Shit was made out of rice paper or something. I had tons but rocking em around here made you look like a dopefiend or an intern at a local college hip hop show. (

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    Freestyle Fellowship "WE WILL NEVER FALL THE FUCK OFF" shirt

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

before I clicked on this I knew Jinx had to be mentioned

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    These I bought, but I have the white Delicious Vinyl T-shirt, and the De La Soul one you could order from the "Say No Go" 12". When I was at NMS 11 I had a chance to get the S.O.U.L. T-shirt (as in the Young Black Teenagers label) but when Bill Stephney had asked if anyone wanted one, everyone rushed and I never got it.

I still have my old P.E. shirt from high school.

I have more rock promo T-shirts than I should, everyone was willing to send me those.

• stretch armstrong & bobbito 98.9 tec9 nyc

my dog chewed a hole in the front but still alls good

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    RAP-A-LOT

• RAP-A-LOT [/quoute]

yeah I had two of those(one being an old Geto Boys promo tee)

umm..I have a DJ Jazzy Jeff shirt from the 80s..

a Def Jef..

and some more I am forgetting...but I sold them all on Ebay I think.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts

before I clicked on this I knew Jinx had to be mentioned

i wore out my pete rock shirt and patrick hates when i wear it.

i also wear my EMI- Diggers shirt that robone did back in the day. nice black shirt with a milk crate on it and a digger descrip.

racism tshirt - i think some rap cats out of philly or somewhere sent this to me. 50 different racial slurs on the back of the shirt! I LIVE TO WEAR THIS!!!

green rawkus tee

...jeez... i dont know. i have about 65+ on the shelf that i rotate. theyre organized by color:

grey - black - blue - white - green/orange/red - brown/tan/other

thats just what i have at my apt. my parents have a few boxes of them some never worn. the 90s were awesome for promos... until the internet fucked everything up.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    I was about to go ape shit with some of my gems but don't have my the correct usb cable for my camera....
    but in heavy rotation are my
    Digable Planets - Blowout Comb shirt
    EPMD - Business As Usual Tour Shirt
    Uzi Brothers shirt
    Bloods and Crips - Bangin On Wax Shirt
    and until recently my NWA 100 Miles and Runnin Shirt which I just retired.

Now if we wanna talk vintage R&B shirts....then I got some serious fire....a lot of which I just gave to my sisters to sell in their store....but I damn did I have some joints.

these are in storage but got regular rotation up until a few years ago:

(this is from Hollywood Basic, not Stonesthrow)

lately I've been rocking a KMD "Mr. Hood" and Digable Planets "Time.." tshirts

Yo prof - check your PMs.

Anybody remember this shirt that Pos is wearing in the Ego Trippin vid? This used to get a lot of burn around the time....it was one of those joints that numerous rappers at a time would rock. I know Redman used to rock one as well.....I need me one.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts

Now if we wanna talk vintage R&B shirts....then I got some serious fire....a lot of which I just gave to my sisters to sell in their store....but I damn did I have some joints.

get em back!!! what kinda shit are we talking here?

get em back!!! what kinda shit are we talking here?

wish I had pics...but I got seeeeeeerious heat.

Kool and the Gang "Fresh" shirt in NC blue with hot pink outlines on the wording (and it said "You Are Number 1" huge on the back)

Still got my Debarge "Rhythm of the Night" shirt with the group pic on front and "Rhythm of the Night" printed on back complete with moons, stars, and musical notes.

Got my Al B Sure shirt on lock....had two but gave one away because it was too small.

Michael McDonald "No Lookin Back" shirt is that crack...

Ashford and Simpson "Is It Good To Ya" shirt is crack....

Got my "Houston Jam 86" shirt with the performers splattered in yellow bright font (Johnny Kemp, UTFO, Vince Gill, Keith Sweat, Lisa Lisa)

Still got my Lisa Lisa and the Cult Jam Shirt

the list goes on....

and if we're talking non music shirts - well i got some ridiculous heat in that arena too...

Only shirts I haven't conquered that are high on my list are a Zapp shirt (well, I did find one once - but it was way too small) and a Patrice Rushen shirt - which I've been searching for for 4 years now.

• these are in storage but got regular rotation up until a few years ago:

[img]

I always noticed the Shorty's tee in that video

• These are two I rock on the regular.
    Also got these and some others hangin around...
    Funkdoobiest
    Cypress Hill
    Digable Planets