What does your lady friend listen to??

shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
My g/f hates all the instrumental stuff I listen to but she annoys me with all the DAMN" GYM CLASS HEROES, SHOPBOYZ!!! Old NICKELBACK shit, 3 doors down/beyonce is her damn ringtone...

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    oh god.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    me....snoring

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    oh god.

I hear that alot !!!!

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    Three 6 Mafia and Bogdan Raczynski have gotten the most play from my wife over the past few years.
    She's extremely tolerant of all my weird shit, though.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Bogdan Raczynski

Dude is dudest of dudes

• Strider79itStrider79it 1,176 Posts
    which music ?......I must say: mine

• indie rock...

female fronted soul...

MCF

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Vashti Bunyan

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    nina simone, etta james, betty wright, sam cooke, the beatles, cat stevens...my girl has pretty solid taste in music. plus she puts up with my record nerd self and all the weird records i like.

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Vashti Bunyan, Keren Ann, Rufus Wainwright, Cat Power, etc.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Southern rapp, R&B, gospel and Al Green.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    These days she's got T.I., Ne-Yo and Feist on heavy rotation, which is AOK with me. In fact, I'm really happy she introduced me to Feist. I like her. That track "Sealion" on the latest album kills me.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    My girl is into funk, soul, jazz and also a bit of drum n bass, hip-hop and disco. Today I got back from a bit of digging to find her spinning ATCQ's Mindnight Marauders LP. She latter fessed up to playing my red vinyl 12" copy of Brother's Johnson 'Strawberry Letter 23' about 10 times today as well.

She also likes Steely Dan

While some strutters might say I'm pretty lucky, we actually fight over music pretty often!

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    my wife and i have almost the same musical tastes. she does have a sweet spot for hardcore, which i am kinda picky about, although we can both agree that bad brains is probably the best band ever. i'll come home from work and she'll be bumping some 90's hip hop, some jazz, or marvin gaye or sam cooke. i just think, man, am i lucky. i mean she could be listening to horribble WKTU club music or even worse, some new country.

• to be totally honest, my gf sometimes even listens to phil collins or sting. i think she likes erykah baduh and corinnne bailey rae best. but she loves the music i listen to too (cheyenne fowler (cheyenne's comin'), sharon jones, poets of rhythm, etc). her dad listened to a lot of music, so she knows a lot of old stuff and she really enjoys to hear all kinds of music all day

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    my lady is a huge fan of (older) reggae, latin, regular jazz, indian, brazilian, most world music, and most soul......
    I cannot complain.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Southern rapp, R&B, gospel and Al Green.

I'd like to discuss a trade, 1 for 1. Hit me on the PM.

• Old acoustic blues (think the best there ever was style), cat power, prince, MJ, phil colins, leonard cohen.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    One ladyfriend is on some regular radio shit.
    And another thinks Mary J. Blige is equal to Aretha Frankin...voice for voice.
    Another is on some ole downloading pop trash to her Ipod.

just terrible

• oripsorips 238 Posts
    My lady friend is listening to whatever is on the radio. Presently I am educating her on some funk, soul, jazz she might like.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    The first time I was over at my girl's apt, I checked the music folder on her computer. Psyche mp3 raers for days.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    My wife is listening to whatever is on the radio, but has good taste.

• Spanish Harlem Orchestra
    Joe Bataan
    Black Sugar
    80s disco/soul
    Panama!
    70s funk/soul
    Bruno E
    DJ Neil Armstrong's Sweet Box Set

...and almost anything I bring to the table.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Three 6 Mafia and Bogdan Raczynski have gotten the most play from my wife over the past few years.
    She's extremely tolerant of all my weird shit, though.

LOL
    YOUR LADY IS RADD

• bands/artists taken from her myspace page...I ain't complaining.

Linda Perhac, Le Tigre, Prince, Fiona Apple, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Beck, Otis Redding, Sade, Bjork, White Stripes, Portishead, Stereolab, Beth Gibbons, T Rex, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Sonic Youth, PJ Harvey, David Bowie, ESG, Rolling Stones, Amy Winehouse, Regina Spektor, TV on The Radio.....