Bay Rap Lyrics Trivia

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Name the source of these most unwholesome quotes...
Somebody hold me hold me, I???m getting hyper, a secretary couldn???t fade me on a typewriter.
From here to New York, back to California, I bumped your girlfriend, don???t say I didn???t warn ya.
From the nutsack, you???re ready to buck, I???m ready to buck back.
Engrave my name on the muthafuckin hallow tip, an autograph from the n*gga, killer lunatic.
Got a little older, now the park is a joke ???cause all the ball players out there slangin??? dope.
I got it on wholesale, takeover???s the target, straight snow sale, n*gga, floodin??? the market.
The zips be so fluffy the whole Town love me.
Cause it???s 3.5 on my Richtor scale and if the sack ain???t obese you won???t make the sale.
My pores is stinkin???, and I'm all sweaty, hallucinatin???, smellin??? like burnt spaghetti.
Something went off in my hand on my strap, but I???m smokin??? purple, sippin??? yac.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Somebody hold me hold me, I???m getting hyper, a secretary couldn???t fade me on a typewriter.

I'm not up on much Bay area stuff, but what that hell is this supposed to mean?

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

Richie Rich "I Got 5 On It" remix.

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    " Cause it???s 3.5 on my Richtor scale and if the sack ain???t obese you won???t make the sale. " Miami the most (gotta love dude)

" My pores is stinkin???, and I'm all sweaty, hallucinatin???, smellin??? like burnt spaghetti " E-40

" The zips be so fluffy the whole Town love me." luniz

" Something went off in my hand on my strap, but I???m smokin??? purple, sippin??? yac."
    keak

" I got it on wholesale, takeover???s the target, straight snow sale, n*gga, floodin??? the market." face

"
    Somebody hold me hold me, I???m getting hyper, a secretary couldn???t fade me on a typewriter. " 4-tay

" From here to New York, back to California, I bumped your girlfriend, don???t say I didn???t warn ya." short dog

"
    Engrave my name on the muthafuckin hallow tip, an autograph from the n*gga, killer lunatic." spice one

almost all of them NO google required

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Richie Rich "I Got 5 On It" remix.

Correct.

Possibly my favorite one-liner in all of rap history.

" Cause it???s 3.5 on my Richtor scale and if the sack ain???t obese you won???t make the sale. " Miami the most (gotta love dude)

Good one.

" My pores is stinkin???, and I'm all sweaty, hallucinatin???, smellin??? like burnt spaghetti " E-40

Correct

" Something went off in my hand on my strap, but I???m smokin??? purple, sippin??? yac."
    keak

Correct

" I got it on wholesale, takeover???s the target, straight snow sale, n*gga, floodin??? the market." face

You're in the right ballpark but you named the wrong player.

"
    Somebody hold me hold me, I???m getting hyper, a secretary couldn???t fade me on a typewriter. " 4-tay

Correct

" From here to New York, back to California, I bumped your girlfriend, don???t say I didn???t warn ya." short dog

Correct

"
    Engrave my name on the muthafuckin hallow tip, an autograph from the n*gga, killer lunatic." spice one

Correct

almost all of them NO google required

Excellent...I knew somebody on here would have it in them.

Got a little older, now the park is a joke ???cause all the ball players out there slangin??? dope.

All that's left. Maybe I'll come up with a few more to add, all for funs.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

is this a Fillmore rapper by chance?

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

Something went off in my hand on my strap, but I???m smokin??? purple, sippin??? yac.
    I've been trying to figure out that line forever. I got the "that's my word" that follows, but his mumblings before that are just impossible. thanks.

I do like in the song when he says:
    "In sixth grade I drove to school/ I had a firebird"

Yep.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Yep.

this is san quinn or d-moe I believe.

Yep.

this is san quinn or d-moe I believe.

It's San Quinn, but you get an extra point for knowing that it comes from a track that D-Moe is on as well.

And I'll just go ahead and say that the last unsolved one, previously ID'ed as Face, is from Seagram...with an extra point granted for knowing that it's from a track with Face on it as well.

Once I get back to my records over the weekend, I'll try to post up another round.