MSN - "Keeping up with the Wangs" (Paging O-Dub)

BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
how does some shit like this get published with this kind of name? and then there's all this "omg they have starbucks" shit as if mufuckaz were supposed to be living in caves before or some shit.Keeping up with the Wangs

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Well I can see how they're playing on the "Keeping up whith the Jonses" but a much better, non-phallic name choice might have been "Chens" or "Lius"

Wangs, sadly, was a very poor choice. Like milk on a hot day in Anchorman.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    how does some shit like this get published with this kind of name? and then there's all this "omg they have starbucks" shit as if mufuckaz were supposed to be living in caves before or some shit.

Keeping up with the Wangs

Name aside, I didn't necessarily get the whole "omg they have starbucks" vibe from the piece but I also didn't have enough time to read through this thing at length. I don't think the idea is that the Chinese were living in caves...it was that they are living in a SUPPOSEDLY COMMUNIST COUNTRY. Insofar as that is still "technically" true, the incredible capitalist transformation of the Chinese middle class is one of the more profound social revolutions in a country that's been through too many of them already.

They have a Starbucks INSIDE the Forbidden City. Conceptually, that manages to be tacky, thoroughly "Chinese" (in the modern sense) and just a lil .

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

They have a Starbucks INSIDE the Forbidden City. Conceptually, that manages to be tacky, thoroughly "Chinese" (in the modern sense) and just a lil .

Indeed, the development of the Shanghai's skyline is not to be fuked with. In the future we'll hear about money makin hardcroe OGs from the streets shengzhou, no doubt.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

can't stop it.....

I was in raffle city, the place is gigantic. I got my uniqlo on.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I got my uniqlo on.

Pics please.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    I got my uniqlo on.

Pics please.

he had the 'qlo, like the last dragon (or kenneth ng?).