NY on blast. Movie-R

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    So is it a giant monster or an alien? Shit seems scary.

SIDE NOTE - How open do you think people will be to see a very REALISTIC movie displaying mass destruction of Manhattan??

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    cool.
    intense.
    reminds me of the blair witch project.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

SIDE NOTE - How open do you think people will be to see a very REALISTIC movie displaying mass destruction of Manhattan??

Sayin' - the Statue of Liberty head was pretty cliche. Very "Planet of the Apes" post-9/11. There's speculation this could be some new Godzilla joint, maybe Gamera (some people seem to think *snicker* it's a Voltron movie.

yeah, uh, I don't think so. Maybe eventually but not here.

But lord, do we REALLY need another disaster film (alien or otherwise) set in New York? Can't, like, Cleveland get some love?

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    I saw this trailer this past weekend at the theatre and the movie could have promise.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Mothra!
    the movie.

Mothra!
    the movie.

Fairy princesses and all?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I thought this was going to be the trailer for "Last man on Earth" with Will Smith. That movie looks ill.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    I thought this was going to be the trailer for "Last man on Earth" with Will Smith. That movie looks ill.

I think you mean "I Am Legend." I highly recommend reading the book by Richard Matheson - it's a quick read that stays with you for a while.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    That shit looks crazy. I definitely want to see this as long as they don't kill it with hype before it opens. How do NY folks feel about seeing this? It's almost a bit too real.

I've been looking around online and found some interesting things about it. They went through some trouble creating complex "fake" websites and all kinds of stuff to provide clues and a background for the movie. Too much time and effort to sit through, but it's a cool idea.

• any lovecraft fans out there?

rumored to be a "destroy all monsters" type thing with Cthulhu and the rest of the Great Old Ones...

there's choke viral marketing sites out, and fanboys are goin' nuts.

it looks interesting, but my brain simply cannot process the handheld cam/one edit per sec steez that's so
    popular today.

any lovecraft fans out there?

rumored to be a "destroy all monsters" type thing with Cthulhu and the rest of the Great Old Ones...

there's choke viral marketing sites out, and fanboys are goin' nuts.

it looks interesting, but my brain simply cannot process the handheld cam/one edit per sec steez that's so
    popular today.

That'd be, uh, interesting. I just can't see JJ taking on CTHULHU. Way too bizarre, even for him.

Then again, I'm not really trying to see him to Gamera either so maybe Lovecraft is a better way to go.

• dayday 9,611 Posts

If so they've got some..er...competition?

Cthulhu the Movie
    Cthulhu is a feature film, starring Jason Cottle and Tori Spelling, coming Fall 2007.

[nerd out]I stumbled upon this site http://slusho.jp/history.html which is a product in the movie. It tells of some deep sea "ingredient" and death of the creator or some such. Maybe it is Cthulu related.[/nerd out]

If so they've got some..er...competition?

Cthulhu the Movie
    Cthulhu is a feature film, starring Jason Cottle and Tori Spelling[/b], coming Fall 2007.

Please tell me you are joking.

• So is it a giant monster or an alien? Shit seems scary.

But lord, do we REALLY need another disaster film (alien or otherwise) set in New York? Can't, like, Cleveland get some love?

I still hunger for glimpses of the apocalypse. can't really explain it. Does this have any relation to the creators/producers/writers of LOST? That's the only other Bad Robot production I'm familiar with.

I still hunger for glimpses of the apocalypse. can't really explain it. Does this have any relation to the creators/producers/writers of LOST? That's the only other Bad Robot production I'm familiar with.

JJ Abrams is directing it.

Which means either "Lost"-like intrigue.

And/or Felicity Russell stars.

• yo dub... check these:

ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com/
    www.ethanhaas.org/
    http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com/

it's all viral marketing...kinda stupid, but kinda fun...

my money's on lovecraft...

In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu awaits dreaming.

Man, if this is actually a Cthulhu film...

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    For those of us who know nothing of Japanese comics/monsters (i.e. me) can you shed some light on what this movie is/might be about. Trailer was

• Cthulhu is one of the Old Gods who's like the Supreme Evil One in H.P Lovecraft's fictional mythology...

aparently, he's going to ruin some hipster's birthday in January.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

That Ethan Haas shit is not this film.

Here is the latest on the madness surround this film, working title "Cloverfield":

Fanboy Nerddom

Gotta admit, I dig it tho.

-pj

• For those of us who know nothing of Japanese comics/monsters (i.e. me) can you shed some light on what this movie is/might be about. Trailer was

NJR (not japanese related)
    this is what some people are speculating it's about. i'd love to see a Lovecraft movie done well. Cthulhu
    trailer looks cool but yeah, the statue of liberty head was kind of over the top.

• HamHam 872 Posts

That Ethan Haas shit is not this film.

Here is the latest on the madness surround this film, working title "Cloverfield":

Fanboy Nerddom

Gotta admit, I dig it tho.

-pj

then what in the hell is that ethan haas shit?

• supposedly, abrahms came out and said that "'ethan haas' has nothing to do with us", but given
    all the "lost" sites...disinformation, maybe?

who knows? it's fun and a great use of the web.
    too bad the movie will most likely suck, though.

Yeah, I'm not so sure this movie is Lovecraft-based after all. It's in intriguing idea but I really can't see JJ trying to tackle a mythology that deep unless Cthulhu is treated like Godzilla with tentacles and nothing more.

Maybe it can be Voltron vs. Cthulhu.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Sheesh, I'm still salty that Houston was the city they nuked in Independence Day.