Jeep Cherokee owners..probs with windows?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
The fuck? About 10 months ago, my regulator in my driver side power window popped and the window fell into the door, just this morning my girl rolled down the passanger window and "pop" the window fell into the door. I am so fucking pissed off..it costs over $400 to fix this...fucking fuming, its a fucking 2002, only 60,000 miles...shit like this shouldnt be happening...fuck a jeep.

Comments

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    Take it from a car geek- The engineering on those things is so suspect. Damn distributor-less coil-over plug ignitions and shit. Recipe for disaster.
    Indeed:
    fuck a jeep.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    my past 3 cars (including the one i drive now) have been jeep grand cherokees. never had a problem with the windows, or much else.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    my past 3 cars (including the one i drive now) have been jeep grand cherokees. never had a problem with the windows, or much else.

You are definetly the exception not the rule on this.

Jeeps, in general, are the Sly Stone of the automotive world.

• Maybe your window is binding in the rubber window channel. You hit the power window button and the motor's torque tears up the mechanism -- maybe. If this is the case, a little silicon lube will alleviate the binding.

This forum's helpful -- you can fix this, chrysler doors and their window mechanisms are pretty simple.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=69a5edc1350bdfca9b71d09b0ace5ae6&f=180