Disect Blue Oyster Cult

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I had the pleasure of working with Buck [don]Dharma in the studio on a non BOC sesh oncecool dude, very short and a melodic guitar playerI say they were hit and miss with consisitency but overall pretty cooldoes the soul strut massif LOve or Hate?played out or what?their early stuff was kinda pre punkish

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I heard hcrink is a big fan. Let's wait for him to chime in.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    easily one of the best American Rock bands of the 70s. The second album, Tyranny and Mutation, is nothing short of a masterpiece. Their music has it all...top shelf playing, heaviness, an amazing sense of humor in the lyrics, hooks. As with all great 70s bands, they fell off in the 80s, but still managed to have some great songs in the 80s like "Burnin' for You"....

my funniest BOC story...my buddy Rockbert and I were hanging out with Albert Bouchard(drummer of BOC), player of the (in)famous cowbell immortalized in the SNL sketch...Rockbert's band had played a few shows with one of Albert's projects and Albert asked him, in all seriousness mind you, "What kind of cowbell do you use, where did you get it? I really liked the sound of it" I fell out, I was waiting for Will Ferrell to come walkng around the corner...the best part was Rockbert's answer, "I dont know what kind it is, I found it in the street when I was wlaking to work one day" to which Albert responded, "cool".

I heart BOC.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The third[/b] album, Secret Treaties, is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Not hating on T&M, but I ride for this album. "Dominance and Submission" =

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    The third[/b] album, Secret Treaties, is nothing short of a masterpiece.

Not hating on T&M, but I ride for this album. "Dominance and Submission" =

yeah, also "Career of Evil" is great as well....

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• JroamJroam 257 Posts
    Next rock set try starting "don't fear the reaper" at the beginning of the solo. Kills it!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    easily one of the best American Rock bands of the 70s. The second album, Tyranny and Mutation, is nothing short of a masterpiece. Their music has it all...top shelf playing, heaviness, an amazing sense of humor in the lyrics, hooks. As with all great 70s bands, they fell off in the 80s, but still managed to have some great songs in the 80s like "Burnin' for You"....

I heart BOC.

Well said.

First 3 LPs are must haves, period, at least if you like rock and roll music.

I saw 'em in the 90s at the Iron Horse in the Minneapolis suburbs. Great show, they powered it out like it was 1976 and as though there were 10,000 fans there, as opposed to 300 or so.

BOC had brains, humor, power, melody, showmanship, mystique and chops.
    One of the best American bands ever, IMO.