EBAY ACCOUNT HACKED!

RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Some 3rd party bs. this ever happen to yall...if so is it done via email , or right off ebay ?somebody was selling macbook pros under my account.

Comments

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    This has happened to me. Did you log in to ebay via an email? Thats a sure fire way to get hooked by someone.

Get in touch with ebay on a live chat right away and have them sort it out. They were good to me and took care of it right away. Someone sold a 500 dollar gift card to someone else and they also changed my mailing address. Luckily I still have it.

The weird part was when i informed the buyer he had no idea that he had even bought a gift card. It was odd.

But yeah, move on this quick!!!

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    yea... its sorted out, but they changed my password and my email account.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    If you can, try to retain their email address and bring it to the attention of ebay and/or paypal. Kind of a band-aid to the problem, but at least they won't be able to register again using that ID. Just a thought.

• Yep..happened to me a few years back. Someone in Japan was "selling" Ipods and shit..like 50 or more under my account. Once I noticed I contacted Ebay through email and they eventually straightened it out.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    this ever happen to yall...if so is it done via email

Yes and yes. Some fool was trying to sell a motorcycle under my name. All I did was open a random email and boom - they had all my info. Shit is crazy.
    Luckily ebay straightened it out but it took a minute to get it fixed.

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    Happened to me 4 years ago. Someone hacked into my Ebay account as well as my Yahoo mail account and was selling something, don't know what. I didn't notice until one day I was suspended. Took months to sort it out, but they finally gave me a new account combined with my old feedback.