toronto help

haze25haze25 759 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
i will be in toronto from july 19th to july 21st. if there are any record dealers who are looking to sell some raer, pleae to get in contact.if anyone from the board wants to be a guide to good eats, shops, open mics etc.... please to pm me.any help in the form of good record spots would be greatly appreciated too. though i've been told to just "enjoy my stay" by one record dealer.peace,xavier

Comments

• macacamacaca 278 Posts
    the bad news is: youre a week late for the free sa-ra & dennis coffey shows.
    and the ok news is: theres a few stores that may have raers in stock.

cosmos - 607 queen street west (at bathurst)
    the second, newer cosmos is just a fart away.
    just ask the guy working what direction to point you in.
    (theyre also expensive)

kops - 229 queen street west
    they specialize in 45's. i dont know if thats of interest?

also, theres a bunch of not-so-good stores (also on queen)
    but the odd time, you can find something decent.

as for my spots: thats on the low lowl lowlo wlwo

enjoy your stay!

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Yeah, if you want to dig dig dig you've got to look around, but if you just want to come home from your trip with a cool new (expensive) record, go to Cosmos. Other than that, there are lots of great restaurants here. What do you like?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Xavier - holler at Aaron Keele (tuneup on this board)... he's got the goods.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    re: sooks- yeah i'm gonna try to get a day to "dig dig" as you put it. cause if given the right amount of time w/ the right amount of luck i'm sure i can score some cool pieces on the cheap.

but if i can make the dealer thing happen it would save some time and allow me to walk away with some better stuff. and i'd be more than glad to pay say.... new york prices, long as it's somthing i need/want.

and jonny thanks for the tip. also i'm trying to figure out a way to make a pit stop at good records nyc on the way back, i would love to check out the african stuff you've got. i'm still pushing the issue, maybe i'll see you.

peace,xavier

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    i will be in toronto from july 19th to july 21st.

if anyone from the board wants to be a guide to good eats

I went up there a few weeks back and people had good food advice in this thread:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=890520&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    there used to be a guy on this board who had lots of reggae up there in toronto.