Library records - Network

voidarellivoidarelli 73 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Hello JustAlice and I came across about 30 library records today all under the label Network. They are silver covers with blue writing across them. I guess it was started in 1979 and continued through the early 80s. I was wondering if any of these are sought after and/or if there is any good stuff on them? some of the titles looked interesting, but i can't come up with anything in google.. we want to know if they have a good sound or if they suck?thanks

Comments

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Never heard... US library?

• Yeah.. US-based...i guess the theme from lifestyles of the rich and famous was taken from one of them?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    Not this label, right?

BSN - Network label

• they all look like this -

except without the Finally... text

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    theme from lifestyles of the rich and famous

If it's a lot of stuff like this (which I'd guess it might be) then they're probably not very desirable. But then again I'm far from a library expert. You might ask around on Waxidermy if it ever goes back on today.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    They all pretty though a few may be considered one or two trackers on some Caldor-training-video-disco-funk shit. YMMV.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Yep, it's a pretty crap US label. Nothing really of any note, maybe some of the earlier titles are worth hearing, but mostly I would avoid.

• It's weird that this got posted. I just came back from the Goodwill where there was an empty cover of the exact album posted above. And, I was like, weird, I wonder what Network Library records are like. I've never heard of them before. And now this...

• thanks for the help.. we passed on them and i dont feel stupid.. if there is some holy grail one that people arent telling me about, i still dont feel THAT stupid..

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    thanks for the help.. we passed on them and i dont feel stupid.. if there is some holy grail one that people arent telling me about, i still dont feel THAT stupid..

There isn't.

So you can feel super clever.

• There isn't.

sike! we bought them all at $15 a pop. boy did we score!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Hello JustAlice and I came across about 30 library records today all under the label Network.

There isn't.

sike! we bought them all at $15 a pop. boy did we score!

Yeah, I wasn't all about getting them for the asking price,
    the dude looked like he hadn't had a meal in weeks!!!

I insisted upon given him the full retail value at the very least not to walk away feeling like I cheated him. I just couldnt have lived with myself if we had paid him any less.

DUDES>>>>>>>>FOR Real...

Hit me on the PM for purchases and/or sound clips.

they are going to go fast im sure.

Bapt, I got your pm....Wait till I blast the shit a little more.

These orchestral hits alone will blow your mind.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    I sold 30 of these in a lot in ebay like a year ago to someone in seattle
    the lot went for like 150+
    all of the music was programmed/tepid drum machine terds
    dude who bought the lot emailed me and was pissed that it wasn't "heat"
    oh well

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    dude who bought the lot emailed me and was pissed that it wasn't "heat"
    oh well

That is the most 'little dude' move I've heard in a good while...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Which PM? I don't remember sending you a PM lately.

Bapt.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Which PM? I don't remember sending you a PM lately.

Bapt.

Sup Alice,
    can you tell me what you're talkin' about please?
    I just checked my PMs and the last message I sent to you is 2 months old now.
    I don't get it.

Wwhassssssup!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Sorry about the confusion. I was just kidding with you though. I was pretty drunk when I made that last post and my internet has been off since friday so I couldn't respond until now.

I have had a very draining weekend, hence the drinking and forgetting what I typed or said. The day after I posted that I was extremely hung over, and had a horrible day that ended with having to get 5 stitches on my diggin' finger.

Things have been insane around my house the past few weeks to say the least.

So, without going into a great amount of detail about the ups and downs, things are better now and my internet is back on.

and sorry again for the confusion, I was typing drunk.

I do hope all is well with you on your side of the world.

my apologies.