Monsoon's coming.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I can feeeeeeel it.And I just remembered that my windows were leaking last time it rained. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. I knew I should've whipped out my caulk back then. I'd like to send a prayer out to all my border-crossing gente campin' out in the desert washes.Bluesnag, you ready for this shit?

Comments

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

HELL YEAH DUDE!! TIE DOWN THE CATTLE!! The wind was nuts earlier. I'm ready for this rain to wash out this crazy heat we've been having. That and our grapefruit tree needs to start producing some fuckin fruit.

We had a leak in our roof during one of the worst storms last summer. Other side of the hall from the record room though.

• I haven't washed my car since the last time it rained like 2 months ago. At least we get break from the 115 degree heat for a couple days.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    I haven't washed my car since the last time it rained like 2 months ago. At least we get break from the 115 degree heat for a couple days.

oh, hell yeah dude. that's the only thing that makes me feel better here in tucson when its 108, to see what the temperature is up by phoenix. i'm definitely looking forward to shit cooling off.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I should've whipped out my caulk

I hate realizing this after the fact

hold fast, Herm.

My prayers are with anyone without a roof over their head.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I can feeeeeeel it.

And I just remembered that my windows were leaking last time it rained. Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. I knew I should've whipped out my caulk back then.

!

Hold your head everybody. I don't exactly know what a monsoon is though

• I used to think a monsoon was some kind of tornado, but it's pretty much a big dust storm with rain. Some of the pictures of these storms coming through the valley are .

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    it's pretty much a big dust storm with rain.

Exactly. Shit is messy 'cause the whole desert becomes a big ol' mudpie. Plus the humidity is no bueno for my swamp cooler-havin' ass!

Not to mention the floods! Back in '83 (?) we had a crazy storm that was all over the national news. Our normally dry river beds were overflowing and widened as the water just washed away the banks. People that lived near the arroyos watched as their cars and mobile homes floated away. The Santa Cruz River runs parallel to I-10 and 1-19 here and divides the west side from the rest of the city. Folks couldn't come into town and some couldn't get back home for a couple days!

This is from another riverbed a couple years ago but this is pretty much what it looked like except higher:

• A couple pics of monsoons in the valley

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    The before and after is beautiful, it's the during that gets ugly!

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    The before and after is beautiful, it's the during that gets ugly!

same with a hurricane on a tropical island, but just the before part.

The picture of the dust clouds over the city above remind my of a hurricane I experienced in the V.I. Except that shit was black but you could see it rollin' in just like that over the ocean. I will never forget seeing that storm coming and how crazy beautiful it was and scary too. And the aftermath...was not beautiful really of course...but it did turn up an amazing amount of conch shells and beach combing treasures.

Storms are cool, but I still like earthquakes more. Never been through a tornado though. Not sure if I would want too either. Mother Nature is good a providing a good rush and reminding you what it feels like to truly be alive and being thankful for it at the same time.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    A couple pics of monsoons in the valley

Awwww yeah, Mesa B of A building.

Thank God I'm quitting smoking. Aint no WAY I'm going outside to burn one in a monsoon.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

I'm ready for this rain to wash out this crazy heat we've been having.

I don't know if we've had any heat in England since late April

Along with the floods in Yorkshire, it was cold and hailing two days ago.
    Typical English summer: putting some ribs on the