Free RAMP show in DC tonite!

DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Jazz/Soul/Funk Band RAMP Returns With Show at DC's Bossa Bistro2007-07-02 18:31:58 - Ramp performs Bossa warm up show prior to Central Park appearance( EMAILWIRE.COM, July 02, 2007 ) Washington, DC - Washington, DC eatery and live performance venue Bossa Bistro and Lounge located at 2463 18th Street, NW, is proud to present the first USA appearance in 25 years by jazz/soul/funk band RAMP on Thursday, July 5, 2007 at 9PM. This show at Bossa is a warm-up gig for the band's Central Park, New York City show. On the heels of a string of successful dates including The Jazz Cafe & Jazz Re:Refreshed in London and guitarist Landy Shores' recent outings with Mark De Clive-Lowe in L.A., RAMP is officially back. The story begins in Cincinnati way back in 1975, when Sibel Thrasher and Sharon Matthews became the band's lead vocalists and Landy Shores joined RAMP on guitar, Nate White played the bass and John Manuel played the drums and was the bandleader. In the winter of 1976, RAMP opened up for Roy Ayers who signed the band to ABC Records on the spot. In 1977, RAMP's debut album "Come Into Knowledge" quietly hit the shelves. Today, with the help of A Tribe Called Quest, Common, PM Dawn, Mark De Clive-Lowe and countless others, RAMP has reformed with its original line-up and instrumentation, and hit the road. After packed performances in London & L.A., the band has been requested to appear in Japan, Australia, Europe, and are currently booking more U.S. cities. Bossa Bistro and Lounge is known throughout the DC area for its live music, DJ's, art gallery and Brazilian/Italian Fusion cuisine. Featuring popular menu items such as Mediterranean Ceviche to Capellini Alolio to Tilapia a Bahiana all at affordable prices, the bistro has something to satisfy every palate. Bossa Bistro and Lounge features live jazz/world music seven nights a week on the main floor and also hosts DJs in the Lounge area. It is a warm and inviting venue with great sound, innovative music, interesting people and great food; the place where Washington's best musicians get to stretch out and international acts are welcomed by the local community. For more information about Bossa Bistro and Lounge, please visit www.bossaproject.com. For more info about RAMP, please visit www.myspace.com/ramp77. For additional info and interviews, please contact: Sandy Serge, Serge Entertainment PR, Phone 678-445-0006, email: [email]SergeEnt@aol.com[/email]

Comments

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

they still sound pretty damn good. I was sceptical at first

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

After packed performances in London & L.A., the band has been requested to appear in Japan, Australia[/b], Europe, and are currently booking more U.S. cities.

Oh please God, let RAMP do a show in Sydney! I promise i'll go.

Amen.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    wow thats cool. who is dude in the freddy kreuger sweater? og member? or they got all new band?

what does roy ayers do these days?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Did anyone go? How were they? Youtube is blocked at work.

Just want a heads up and see if its worth the trek to Central Park tomorrow.

Also I thought RAMP was a Roy Ayers project, I take it it doesn't stand for Roy Ayers Musical Production?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Also I thought RAMP was a Roy Ayers project, I take it it doesn't stand for Roy Ayers Musical Production?

I was wondering the same thing... mayhaps they weren't actually called RAMP from the jump even though that article makes it sound like they were...

• lord234lord234 236 Posts
    Did anyone go? How were they? Youtube is blocked at work.

Just want a heads up and see if its worth the trek to Central Park tomorrow.

Roy Ayers Music Project