60s rock mix! (i started a podcast related)

edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
um i started a podcast Prime Cuts & Schmaltz Liquor like the pirate radio show i used to do last year except legal and i'm not talking in between songs telling you what i just played. anyway, i uploaded the 2nd one this morning. the reason why it's in m4a format is being it's one of those fancy podcasts with changing album art during playback on itunes and the ipod. also there are track markers so if you are listening on the ipod you can skip tracks within the mix if you think a song i picked is a total dud.60s garage, freakbeat, psych-rock (whatever you want to call this music). it's about an hour longhttp://www.divshare.com/download/1138702-5e0Yardbirds "Stroll On"THEM "Baby Please Don???t Go"The Millennium "The Know It All"The Soft Machine "Save Yourself"The Barrier "Dawn Breaks Through"Yardbirds "Evil Hearted You"Unknown "Flies on the Ceiling"Kinks "Don???t Ever Let Me Go"Chocolate Watchband "Let???s Talk About Girls"Captain Beefheart "Obeah Man"Blue Cheer "Fortunes"The Pretty Things "Baron Saturday"The Move "Weekend"Monks "Shut Up"The Creation "Biff Bang Pow"Status Quo "Pictures of Matchstick Men"Chocolate Watchband "Dark Side of the Mushroom"The Maze "Harlem Shuffle"The Glass Sun ???Silence of the Morning???Monkees "Last Train to Clarksville"Kinks "Time Will Tell"The Zombies "Whenever You???re Ready"The Who "I Can See for Miles"La Onda de the Survival "Old People"here's buttons to click to subscribeAdd to Googleaddtomyyahoo4

Comments

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    um, how did you make it have album art and split into tracks? that sounds cool.
    and i'll def check it out.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I just signed up and will be listening today at work. Thanks

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

i just found out how to do it in garageband not too long ago. just select new podcast and then you drag artwork into that purple top row. then you can click anywhere on that purple row and add track markers. they call it chapters in garageband.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Nice! Just a glance at the tracklist let's me know I will dig it!

I'll subscribe today!

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

i just found out how to do it in garageband not too long ago. just select new podcast and then you drag artwork into that purple top row. then you can click anywhere on that purple row and add track markers. they call it chapters in garageband.

cool.
    guess i'll have to get an apple.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    dope! thanks for this, man!!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Glad to see more people doing the enhanced podcast thing for music podcasts!!!!

I just started this a few weeks ago on Galactic Fractures.

You can use GarageBand as was mentioned, but I find that its friggen annoying for several reasons. I use Podcast Maker. Its 30$, but has a free 30day trial. Its worth it. I think it makes the whole process of managing an enhanced podcast SO much easier.

btw.....edith, did you make that 'subscribe with itunes' graphic? Can I jack that for my site? I have been looking for a good graphic like that.

-pj

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

btw.....edith, did you make that 'subscribe with itunes' graphic? Can I jack that for my site? I have been looking for a good graphic like that.

sure, i didn't make it and i think it's pretty common.

• awesome...i loved your pirate radio show!

though i will miss hearing your voice as you spilled beer between songs...