So, is this where we talk about music n' shit?

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
So, the Stones Throw forum has a couple of members that seem to love SoulStrut. Hence, I'm here to check it out. I want to make sure I'm in the right section of the forum, though. There's been a lot of talk about shit other than records and beats (like condoms and other weird shit) and the Noob appreciation thread that I initially posted on was anything but appreciative to pretty much anyone who posted on it. With that said, is this the section where we post about beats n' records n' shit? How can I be down? And what is a raer? Something tells me it ain't an endearing term.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

And what is a raer?

A raer is a srange and wonderful thing. If you don't know what it is, I can't describe it, but one day, you'll come across one and it will be like the universe has bared its soul for you to see, if only for a moment. I hear the term is derived from Aramaic, and is one of the central mysteries of the Kabbalah. Can anyone confirm?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

And what is a raer?

A raer is a srange and wonderful thing. If you don't know what it is, I can't describe it, but one day, you'll come across one and it will be like the universe has bared its soul for you to see, if only for a moment. I hear the term is derived from Aramaic, and is one of the central mysteries of the Kabbalah. Can anyone confirm?

you heard about records that are so rare there's only a few copies? then you got records where there's only one acetate. and then records so rare they don't even exist yet. raer is the next level after that.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Yeah what he said....

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How can I be down?

Go get me these items -

Teen Titans Season 3 - DVD
    One Pair of Nike Air Foamposite - sz13 any colorway
    A pack of American Spirits - Yellow
    A six pack of Brooklyn Brewery - Pennant Ale
    A photo of JustAlice - just ask
    A receipt for $100 from Good Records
    Green Apple Blow Pop
    Aveda Men's After Shave Balm
    Sneaker Freaker Magazine # 9
    A pair of Faux Rills favorite cufflinks
    A Dirk Nowitski poster
    Weapons of Ass Destruction # 10
    Sade - Kiss Of Life 12"
    A Violet New Era NY Yankees Cap
    Yesterday's New Quintet autographed 12"
    Fatback BBQ Sauce recipe
    Nike Zoom Kobe II sz13 - signed by Yuichi
    One Late Pass - signed by Philly Phill

Get at me w/ these things and ur in.

• Options

I got an email that #10 is in the mail right now, be on the lookout this week or next to scoop yours if you're not a subscriber. You ever see the book they put out?

I got an email that #10 is in the mail right now, be on the lookout this week or next to scoop yours if you're not a subscriber. You ever see the book they put out?

I went to Alife/Rivington to cop it but it hasnt come overseas yet. Good looking out SweeeeeeeeeNN!

What Book?

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

With that said, is this the section where we post about beats n' records n' shit?

yes, but the order is different. it??s more like "shit 'n' records 'n' beats"

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    The book was a combo of past issues with a lil extra.If you have the first 8 its not really worth picking up. Sneaker freaker is mad common here in sydney. Any O/S heads need a hook up holla on the pm.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    How can I be down?

Go get me these items -

A Dirk Nowitski poster

I got this one; take your pick:

I'll get to work on the other stuff.

The book was a combo of past issues with a lil extra.

I have this. I though he meant a separate REAL book.

So, the Stones Throw forum has a couple of members that seem to love SoulStrut.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Green Apple Blow Pop

and a reciept from FreakTracy....

....or you're soft.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    How can I be down?

Go get me these items -

A Dirk Nowitski poster

I got this one; take your pick:

I'll get to work on the other stuff.

Hahahah!

Welcome! Make yourself comfortable, seems like you'll fit in just right over here.

• And what is a raer?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Shit:

Dave had obviously bent over and yanked the buttplug out pretty fast. This caused a jet of lube and shit to explode onto the staff lockers.
    I arched my head back and let out a scream then turned and headed toward the store, ???Fuck this, im calling the owner, im not dealing with this???. That???s when I stood on Daves buttplug and landed on my ass.

• Options
    The book was a combo of past issues with a lil extra.

I have this. I though he meant a separate REAL book.

Nah, that's the one I was talking about. I figured if you were so sloppy to miss out on #9 that you'd have no idea they even put a book out.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

Weapons of Ass Destruction # 10

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    How can I be down?

Nike Zoom Kobe II sz13 - signed by Yuichi

lol

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    music n' shit

Green Apple Blow Pop

....or you're soft.

Well, then consider me soft as dairy queen because, as much as I'd like to get that for ya'll, I have the attention span of a goldfish, so the Dirk posters are about as far as it's gonna go. Guess I'll never be down. (I'll give it to myself)

• Green Apple Blow Pop

....or you're soft.

Well, then consider me soft as dairy queen because, as much as I'd like to get that for ya'll, I have the attention span of a goldfish, so the Dirk posters are about as far as it's gonna go. Guess I'll never be down. (I'll give it to myself)

Don't worry about these guys acting stupid.. something about a user with no posts makes this crew sooooo uneasy like someone's trying to get over on em alias style or whatever. It's on some schoolyard playground shit up here. Even SuperPoasterTwo get's his shine on with all that attention he craves and no ban.

btw Dash is good people, don't know em directly, but is def a solid guy.

Don't worry about these guys acting stupid.. something about a user with no posts makes this crew sooooo uneasy like someone's trying to get over on em alias style or whatever.

• Don't worry about these guys acting stupid.. something about a user with no posts makes this crew sooooo uneasy like someone's trying to get over on em alias style or whatever.

oh you know i need me some of that batmon luvin..

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

btw Dash is good people, don't know em directly, but is def a solid guy.
    Wow, how did you comme across Dash? That's crazy how small of a world it is. When he and I lived in Greenville, SC we used to chill at the studio all the time. That dude smokes more blunts back to back than you could ever imagine. Dude is cool as shit, though.

His new shit is pretty awesome.

We did a show is Charleston, SC back in the day and he had me so faded that I forgot to fill up the tank and we ran out of gas...had to hitchhike to a gas station and hitch hike back...anyways, it's crazy that you know of Dash.

jectwon, welcome to the board and if you like to talk about records and beats: just do it!