PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
I was just watching Rap City's top 10 for the first time in a long-ass minute.and this Pet Shop Boys garbage is NUMBER 1.I'm like, WTF? How did we get HERE?WHAT IS WRONG WIT TODAYS YOOOTS?sorry I realize this is sortof an unnecessary thread; just venting. I guess I am somewhat disconnected at the moment....

Comments

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Totally dude.

• I was just watching Rap City's top 10 for the first time in a long-ass minute.

and this Pet Shop Boys garbage is NUMBER 1.

I'm like, WTF? How did we get HERE?

WHAT IS WRONG WIT TODAYS YOOOTS?

It's not just music..it's a movement!!!!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I unnecessary thread; .

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I unnecessary thread; .

^^^^ embarassed cause he mixed doubles of this jawn last nite PLUS the clever OG Pet Shop Boys "mashup" to close the set.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    That's a Pet Shop Boys sample?

I only know the West End Girls song. I don't know nothing about them dudes.

I unnecessary thread; .

^^^^ embarassed cause he mixed doubles of this jawn last nite PLUS the clever OG Pet Shop Boys "mashup" to close the set.

^^^^^

embarasssed caused he waited in line and paid to get into the jawn to watch me mix doubles of said jawn last nite plus the clever og pet boys "mashup" to close the set

no no I just pictured young moist smiling slyly to himself whilst blending the Shop Boys and the Pet Shop Boys. you, know, that clever schitt; over the Beckys heads. that's how he does; stays one step ahead of them.

I unnecessary thread; .

^^^^^

embarasssed caused he waited in line and paid to get into the jawn to watch me mix doubles of said jawn last nite plus the clever og pet boys "mashup" to close the set

haha where you be tonight dunny?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    WILDING.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    totally dude

• dayday 9,611 Posts

no no I just pictured young moist smiling slyly to himself whilst blending the Shop Boys and the Pet Shop Boys. you, know, that clever schitt; over the Beckys heads. that's how he does; stays one step ahead of them.

hahaha WHEN WILL IT STOP!

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    youngins be lunchin

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I was just watching Rap City's top 10 for the first time in a long-ass minute.

and this Pet Shop Boys garbage is NUMBER 1.

I'm like, WTF? How did we get HERE?

WHAT IS WRONG WIT TODAYS YOOOTS?

sorry I realize this is sortof an unnecessary thread; just venting. I guess I am somewhat disconnected at the moment....

Just when I was starting to give you a little credit, you have reaffirmed your complete lack of taste.

This song is great.

It is the one and only song that the world ever needs to hear from the Shop Boyz, though.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Wow

Snoop & R.Kelly both have songs w/ this title.

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    Why is it that when rappers try to incorporate "rock music", they always get it embarassingly wrong? This is probably the worst of it, with all that guitar smashing and hotel room trashing in the video. But I'm also talking about Cypress Hill ("rock superstar")...and...fuck, there are so many examples of this and now I can't remember them. Someone help out.

Why is it that when rappers try to incorporate "rock music", they always get it embarassingly wrong? This is probably the worst of it, with all that guitar smashing and hotel room trashing in the video. But I'm also talking about Cypress Hill ("rock superstar")...and...fuck, there are so many examples of this and now I can't remember them. Someone help out.

Always?

"We'd like to thank Hip Hop for revjuvenating our career."

On the whole ur right, but there's a good % of Rappers incorporating "Rock Music".

• party like a r&b rockstar circa 1990s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3Rh0jWmCo

party like a r&b rockstar circa 1990s

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    HOTT

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

Terrible fuckin' song for spring/summer of 2007.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Like what someone else said earlier this week, I'm so damn sick of "dumb" rap.

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    "t-t-t-totally dude!!!!"

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Is this any better?

"Oooo she made us drinks, to drink
    We drunk 'em, Got drunk"

And whats the difference between this and Buy You a drink anyways?

Hey, let me buy you a drink, I get them for free.

Nothing seems to be working for him.

This shit all sounds the same to me sorry if there are any hardcore tpain fans out there. I see the catchy factor but still, no.

Our patron and greygoose sales went up after D4L and Usher songs came out.

Any other bartenders notice the Joeys or Beckys trying to step up there ordering game the past month? Any added sucking up?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Why is it that when rappers try to incorporate "rock music", they always get it embarassingly wrong? ... Cypress Hill ("rock superstar")...

Actually, I would say they got the rock part better than
    the rap with that song. It got play on rock stations and
    had a decent riff. Weren't they pretty much a "rock group"
    at this point anyway? Like Warped Tour crowd all the way?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    "t-t-t-totally dude!!!!"

That shit is mad ghey.

Ofcourse, I thought that "Baallllinn" was wack as fuck when I first heard it too.

Always?

"We'd like to thank Hip Hop for revjuvenating our career."

Commercial success aside, that is still an unlistenably bad song.

Why is it that when rappers try to incorporate "rock music", they always get it embarassingly wrong? This is probably the worst of it, with all that guitar smashing and hotel room trashing in the video.

Hint: I believe the recording/video is supposed to be funny

b/w

You sound ass-hurt over the alleged misportrayal of "rock stars". Wow.

can someone remove the dicks from this thread? it's making Herm thirsty

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    can someone remove the dicks from this thread?

NEVAR THAT SUN!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    party like a r&b rockstar circa 1990s

can someone remove the dicks from this thread? it's making Herm thirsty