Sa-Ra sample ID help!?! (shameful related)

PonyPony 2,283 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I hate doing this, but I'd love to hear this OG of this tune without the 10 drum fills per second bs that's all over it.Click on the track "My Lady"

Comments

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    i'm not sure, but that track is probally the stand out from soul seduction 1 & 2 (one for dilla is real nice as well, overall it's meeeeeeeeeeeh)

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've no idea, but it sounds nice. I think it's funny how even long-standing regulars are getting embarrassed to ask for sample IDs now, though.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I've no idea, but it sounds nice. I think it's funny how even long-standing regulars are getting embarrassed to ask for sample IDs now, though.

I think the embarassment has more to do with the fact that the sample in question is Sa-Ra Domestic Partners.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

I think the embarassment has more to do with the fact that the sample in question is Sa-Ra Domestic Partners.

Exactly.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Exactly.

Ah, OK. These guys have passed me by a little bit - is this a good thing, then?

• lord234lord234 236 Posts

Exactly.

good but sadly not consistent enough

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Exactly.

This track in particular is nice, though. Anything else in the SA-RA catalog sound like this one (no vox, disco stabz, etc...)?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Exactly.

This track in particular is nice, though. Anything else in the SA-RA catalog sound like this one (no vox, disco stabz, etc...)?

Not from what I've heard, most of there joints are very Dilla-ish.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Exactly.

this is actually the most 'organic' sound i've ever heard from them...

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    "Soul Seduction - Voulme 1"

Looks like they've adopted SS spelling.

?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    If anyone knows hook it up. I'd love to flip it into a disco-edit style banger for my own enjoyment.

rosebuds is pretty "organic". death of a star is a bit more disco if anything

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Dudes get clowned a little because of this...
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

haha. but really it's no different than:

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

haha. but really it's no different than:

Except he was good enough to pull that shit off. I even let Andre 3000 get away with that ish.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Did SA-RA ever sample anything?

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Did SA-RA ever sample anything?

If this isn't a sample...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Sorry Pony I had not listened to the track when I wrote my post.
    I've heard it now and I can say they don't know what to sample and how to chop it.
    That track is just bad, with all my respect, why do you waste your time with this?

B.

ps/ I don't know if this is a sample and if it is, what it is.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Sorry Pony I had not listened to the track when I wrote my post.
    I've heard it now and I can say they don't know what to sample and how to chop it.
    That track is just bad, with all my respect, why do you waste your time with this?

B.

ps/ I don't know if this is a sample and if it is, what it is.

ban.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    with all my respect, why do you waste your time with this?

It's not wasted time for me, but I can't say the same for you (sorry for wasting your time!).

I like whatever they sampled for this (I don't think I'm alone on that), not so much how they treated it though.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    no probz

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    Bamp.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

lol, crackhead innovation.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    LOL. What's up!?

Man if you take off the amount of "hype" in this track what's left?
    1/x

This track will live 2 weeks at best.

LOL. What's up!?

1/x

This track will live 2 weeks at best.

hype? Even it is getting hype the shit is dope. I've had the ep for almost a year now.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

A good track.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Since I'm alone to think that this EP is not that good (not "dope" please!!) I must have shitty tastes in Music.

[color:orange] this is my last post in this thread, throw your hate on me, I won't answer.
    LOL [/color]