VERIZON!

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Amazingly, Verizon has managed to fuck me AGAIN. A few months back, a Verizon rep (who I've now been informed was a contracted sales consultant) called me and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. With Vonage in serious jeopardy, I agreed to switch back. I was going to have all the same service - phone, fax, DSL, call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, etc - on one bill and I was going to save $50 a month on top of everything.Well, reality smacked me across the face today as I called about a relatively minor technical issue and found out I had been put on a standard month-to-month plan, pay-per-call, with no voicemail. No fax. My DSL rate was never cut, my bill was never combined... I am now paying MORE than I ever was.Is Vonage still tanking? I desperately want to move my business from Verizon. Any tips?

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    the phone bisness is shady as hell.
    ive gotten random bills sent to me from who knows what that have ruined my credit. i hate phones.
    i say switch everything over to skypage

• Options
    Amazingly, Verizon has managed to fuck me AGAIN.

A few months back, a Verizon rep (who I've now been informed was a contracted sales consultant) called me and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. With Vonage in serious jeopardy, I agreed to switch back. I was going to have all the same service - phone, fax, DSL, call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, etc - on one bill and I was going to save $50 a month on top of everything.

Well, reality smacked me across the face today as I called about a relatively minor technical issue and found out I had been put on a standard month-to-month plan, pay-per-call, with no voicemail. No fax. My DSL rate was never cut, my bill was never combined... I am now paying MORE than I ever was.

Is Vonage still tanking? I desperately want to move my business from Verizon. Any tips?

Damn man, sorry. Vonage is technically still tanking and still in financial trouble. Have you threatened a Public Service Commission (PSC) complaint yet with regard to the bait and switch? That usually generates some attention from the company.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    ive had at&t for 12years and never had a problem... thats for cell and home phone.

then again maybe that isnt helpful at all...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Amazingly, Verizon has managed to fuck me AGAIN.

A few months back, a Verizon rep (who I've now been informed was a contracted sales consultant) called me and offered me a deal I couldn't refuse. With Vonage in serious jeopardy, I agreed to switch back. I was going to have all the same service - phone, fax, DSL, call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, etc - on one bill and I was going to save $50 a month on top of everything.

Well, reality smacked me across the face today as I called about a relatively minor technical issue and found out I had been put on a standard month-to-month plan, pay-per-call, with no voicemail. No fax. My DSL rate was never cut, my bill was never combined... I am now paying MORE than I ever was.

Is Vonage still tanking? I desperately want to move my business from Verizon. Any tips?

Damn man, sorry. Vonage is technically still tanking and still in financial trouble. Have you threatened a Public Service Commission (PSC) complaint yet with regard to the bait and switch? That usually generates some attention from the company.

You know homie, I don't even have it in me. The last lady I spoke to (out in the LI service center) was very nice and was really mad about it - she was like, "they sell service we don't even provide, and then we get the angry callers after they've already collected their commissions." I thought about it for a sec but I would rather move all my business.

AT&T looks like the move Justin - the rates are pretty good.

• Yeah they just got me with their "insurance plan."
    $50 deductible for a replacement phone =

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    if you are persistent with Verizon, and just work your way up the employee ladder there you can get a favorable result. Just keep asking for a higher up person, each time, wrtie down everyones names, tell them exactly what you want. in the end, verizon owns all the wiring and switches so your better off dealing with them than a reseller.

Nah man, I'm not doing it anymore. The last time, I got all the way to the top and the top told me to go fuck myself. I've been fed the "We own all the lines and switches" shpiel before, but if another company can comp their rates, I can't really see why I should jump through hoops just to get "a favorable result".

• Options
    Yeah they just got me with their "insurance plan."
    $50 deductible for a replacement phone =

I had the same thing a year or two ago, had a Treo 600 ruined in a rainstorm. I ripped into them on the phone about the fact that they were sending me a refurbished phone, then was pleasantly surprised to find the refurbished worked better than the original ever did.

• Options
    Nah man, I'm not doing it anymore. The last time, I got all the way to the top and the top told me to go fuck myself. I've been fed the "We own all the lines and switches" shpiel before, but if another company can comp their rates, I can't really see why I should jump through hoops just to get "a favorable result".

You know I'm not waving the flag for my own company or desperately trying to get you to stay, but I'm curious what the original tech issue was? I know you're leaving because of the billing issue and the bait and switch, I'm just wondering if the tech issue is going to still be there when you switch since AT&T runs over our lines.

haha, actually it was because when I tried to set up my voicemail, it would say "number not recognized"... well this was because I didn't have voicemail on my account!

• Options
    haha, actually it was because when I tried to set up my voicemail, it would say "number not recognized"... well this was because I didn't have voicemail on my account!

Oh dear.

• highschemehighscheme 784 Posts
    you need buy iPhone

well, much as I hate it I've gotta get back with Verizon. The AT&T plan is just too expensive. Unfortunately I have to wait until Monday now to get this done. This kind of shit makes me want to go postal, no bullshit. I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I don't know what their business rates are, but digital phone and roadrunner are crazy thweet:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/nynj/

They don't offer it for business. I got that shit at home, woulda been had it here if they offered it.

Bastards!

http://www.earthlink.net/biz/

I liked my dial up service from them when I had it.

They don't offer phone service

This business thang is hawrd son! Jeezus.

• Options
    . I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

Maybe coming out here on Monday isn't the best idea.

Haha! We're still on for Monday homie.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I feel like Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

GET 'EM JONNY

(luv watching him trade up from a bat to a semi)