The Clash - Magnificent Seven 12"
    Blowfly - Rapp Dirty 12"
    Bob Sinclair - My Only Love 12"
    Jocelyne Brown - Somebody Else's Guy 12"
    The Jonzun Crew - Pak Man 12"
    Laidback - White Horse 12"

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    nice find on the Arica.

i left work a little early to hit up this new book/record store i discovered but it was closed. denied

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

I had ten copies of this Lp which I have been selling slowly for A$100-150 on ebay and a friend told me that the shop I originally bought them from had some more in stock so I raced (45min drive ) over there this morning after work and bought another 25 copies of rare OZ eastern folk Psych Lp Kanguru Dreaming. This record has been good to me. It was made in the 70's and is actually a pretty good listen. Very mellow combination of Indian classical and didje and other hippy folk elements.
    You'd think the shop selling them would have been able to work out the value of them and they ended up selling them to me for A$16 each.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

^^good rats is basically rock but its their first and its a late 60's kapp so i
    think its kinda cool. mono crownless king JB. i keep finding old motown lps ive
    never seen before, like this temps. uggams is uggams but 1975 motown production
    has some sweet moments. mammatapee is pretty cool 1980 rnb bordering on moder(?)

^^ folkways / scholastic / protest goodies. major lance: i cant believe how thrashed
    every copy of this always is! ive slowly upgraded from a Poor- to a vg- over
    the course of like 4 upgrades. los iracundos is pop with some trad mixed in but
    theres definitely some moody moments/cool production here and there.

^^ seldom seen (in my book) hanna barbera gems. Macho is a man, on prelude, 1978.
    its odd how many versions of that Ofra 12" there seem to be.

^^ bottom row = blues greatness. (trivia: Pink Anderson = 1/2 of pink floyds name
    inspiration). top middle and top right = The Fireman, which on wax are raer in
    anyones book (as far as i know)... its (remarkably nice to listen to) ambient techno/noise/trance stuff
    from paul mccartney(?!) and another dude with actual techno cred.

^^ turrentine and lee morgan are all mint og presses. exmagma is insane
    prog/rock/groovy stuff. velvett fogg is a reish of course, im still flossing cuz its
    cool. a record of a guard dog barking, 25 min a side. so what happens if you leave
    your house for say... anything more than 26 minutes?

45s.... very happy with the rex garvin and googie rene. too bad it wasnt 'firebird',
    but this tune is nearly as great.

• Some finds from my Chicago trip over the weekend

Kanguru Dreaming sounds like fun......at what price I wonder???

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts

Kanguru Dreaming sounds like fun......at what price I wonder???
    A$100 plus freight if you want one.
    I will probably sell them very slowly on ebay...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts