"Out in the streets, they call it...

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
... murrrderrr.[/b]"Goddamn, season 4 is taking to long. Another fucking year? Shit. Where's 3 on DVD? Saying though,

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    luckily, my girl had hbo on demand, so i got to see season 3, but I missed season 2 in it's entirety. time to check the video store.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    luckily, my girl had hbo on demand, so i got to see season 3, but I missed season 2 in it's entirety. time to check the video store.

seriously....it's fuckin' sweet. Better than the first even.

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    HBO is pretty much blacklisted in my books since they dropped Carnivale. Fuckers. lol

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I just watched the second half of Season 1 On Demand, turned right back around and rented the entire season for me and my lady to watch. Right now we're up to the episode where Omar's boy Brandon gets killed. She's hooked, as am I obviously. Hopefully we'll peep Season 2 in total by the time Season 3 gets released.

After watching TV like this I feel as though there's no reason to be watching anything else. Plus, being from Philly - which is in close proximity to B-More and shares much of the same characteristics, I can vouch for the authenticity of the program.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    i'm sorry, what show is this?

i'm sorry, what show is this?

IMO, the hardest show on TV...haven't seen any of Season 3 so no spoilers please! When is 3 out on DVD, anyone heard?

• slushslush 691 Posts

After watching TV like this I feel as though there's no reason to be watching anything else.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

After watching TV like this I feel as though there's no reason to be watching anything else.

Yea...and then came Carnivale. Monsieur Moss told me about this and he was not joking - it's amazing. It's sexy, dusty, creepy, tense, funny, well-written, well-directed, well-acted, totally elaborate and beautifully paced. It's what Twin Peaks could have been if it was navel-gazing so much. It's a not-so-basic good vs evil story in a gorgeous package. They cancelled it because it was the most expensive they had going over at HBO.

No cable at my house, so I've seen only the first two seasons of The Wire. I've heard Season Three is bonkers, especially the last episode. I'm getting impatient, too. I'm thinking of just watching the first season all over again. (SPOILER)But I'll skip the episode when Wallace gets killed, cause that was just too sad...

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

TV on DVD is the greatest invention. Not only do you get to watch only the greatest shows (like the Wire) but you watch TV when you want, and there are no commercials! It's what TV was meant to be. And the shows can be more adventurous / out there. TV's never been better.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

TV on DVD is the greatest invention. Not only do you get to watch only the greatest shows (like the Wire) but you watch TV when you want, and there are no commercials! It's what TV was meant to be. And the shows can be more adventurous / out there. TV's never been better.

Especially with programs like The Wire and Carnivale which are better than 90% of the movies coming out of N America. Without the commericals, it's easier to see it as a continous filmic storyline.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I can vouch for the authenticity of the program.
    Bmore is as grimey as it gets on the east coast, well actually, richmond and camden arent far behind, but the shear size of bmore's slums is unbelievable. it's getting better though.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    man the best show on TV is obviously The Shield. recognize the realness

man the best show on TV is obviously The Shield. recognize the realness

It is the best show currently[/b] on, but it can't touch the Wire for seriously delerious drama. Plus the Sheild gets farther out and maybe a bit melodramatic compared to the Wire. It's a very understated show most of the time, while still maintaining a pretty sprawling storyline of characters. The Sheild is great crime drama though.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I REALLY MISS THE WIRE....I MEAN I REALLY [/b]MISS THE WIRE

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    I REALLY MISS THE WIRE....I MEAN I REALLY [/b]MISS THE WIRE

Word. The Wire is SO DOPE! I wish there was some kind of Wire spin off show to hold us over till next season. What if Omar had his own show?