Papastrut: TEETHING!!!!!

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Wow.So Jack is getting his molars. This shit is real.Little man is almost two now, he cut his other teeth with little problem, but the last week has been absolute hell.Nothing makes you feel more helpless than watching your child scream in agony.So: this is not a request, this is a bit of advice as i know there are some other new parents on this board.Let me save you some grief:ORAGEL IS THE SHIT!Baby teething gel: the brand Oragel is the only one worth anything (and at 4:30 am, its worth its weight in gold).We tried it all: homeopathic remedieswhiskey/brandy/rum on the gumspopsicles and silver spoons.And forget baby asprin: go for the ibuprofen.We are all sleeping better.In summary: oragel and baby ibuprofen. Have some ready in the bathroom cabinet.you're welcome.

Comments

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    whiskey/brandy/rum

i know this works for parents.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Our little one is getting her first teeth right now. We're using Humphrey's Pellets and they seem to work real good. That plus baby tylenol.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Motrin for kids works for us... it's made thinggs a tad bit more tolerable. nevertheless lil dude is still pulling the all nighters.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Childrens Motrin and this worked well for us:

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    A couple of years after my braces were taken off I had a late molar come out. That shit fucking hurt like crazy. It also took several months to come all the way out. I couldn't chew on that side of my mouth. I was a teenager so I just did a lot of recreational drugs to kill the pain (not recommended for small children).

Crazy thing is I had another tooth come in. Its a really small extra tooth on the inside of my tooth line between two molars. I thought it was a piece of food stuck in my mouth when it first came in. I flossed used tooth picks everything. When the dentist told me it was a mini tooth I was actually relieved. Shit drove me fucking crazy.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Teething necklace.

This is one of those home remedies that has been in my family for many years. My cousin just moved in with her newborn and this has made life so much more bearable. Trust me, I don't know what it is. They're not suppose to chew on them or anything. It just stops them from crying during teething. I've helped raise 3 generations of kids now in my family, and it's always worked.

Looking on google for a picture it looks like people use Amber, but we've always used freshwater pearls on a string of dental floss.

- spidey

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    teething time is also prime time for ear infections

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    teething time is also prime time for ear infections

And unholy daipers.

damn, you Americans dont know how lucky you are when it comes to the amount of products available. Ive never heard of any that have been posted here, and i can truly say that the Dutch stuff is pure

I am fortunate to work for an American company, so some coworkers came through with the Oragel.