Express Mail can't stop the chargeback bumrush

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
so I sent four records to a suspect now-kicked off ebay ebayer in Chile via Express Mail, which was supposedly the cure all to cats on the cargeback tip. Thru usps.com, Paypal was able to see that it was shipped and that it arrive in Chile, BUT usps.com does not track it once it gets to Chile - that's handled by the Chileian postal system. Since paypal can't read Spanish, Portugese or whatever the native language of Chile is, they refunded shady dude the funds back. I'm now appealing the chargeback, but it seems like jumping thru hoops to sort out what's the safest way to deal with international buyers. WHAT THE FUCK!!!?!?!?!?

Comments

• Best of luck, paypal strikes again.. they really should join up with wal-mart. It's almost like playing russian roulette with your money. Eventually your gonna get hit...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

paypal is

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    good looks - it's so frustrating to be told "this is the way to roll" and you do your due dilliegence and still get the bozak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What reasonable alternatives are there for US sellers and intl buyers? Western Union? Bidpay?

good looks - it's so frustrating to be told "this is the way to roll" and you do your due dilliegence and still get the bozak

• I'll be switching over all suspect intl packages with Fedex or DHL for the next month, since dhl is based outside the usa in europe i'm guessing they'll be easier to deal with outside of the country. I will be testing out some specific areas of the world regardless if the ebay buyer is sketchy or not.

What reasonable alternatives are there for US sellers and intl buyers? Western Union? Bidpay?

I wish I knew. I've never used either as much as paypal. Is it too much to ask that when the person leaves postive feedback it's proof that he's recieve the records???? As per paypal, if they dont' let them know they've recieved the items, they can't use third party confirmation as proof.

I'll be switching over all suspect intl packages with Fedex or DHL for the next month

Maybe that's the way to go - the US Post Office is not getting it right.