Z-Ro Vision

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Look What You Did to Me:

Comments

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    harvey,

be extra-critical for a moment and tell me how you think "King Of Tha Ghetto 2K7 : Power" ranks w everything else he's done recently? I'm really enjoying it and heard so so things about 'omega'

he needs to do more spice 1 collabos

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    harvey,

be extra-critical for a moment and tell me how you think "King Of Tha Ghetto 2K7 : Power" ranks w everything else he's done recently? I'm really enjoying it and heard so so things about 'omega'

he needs to do more spice 1 collabos

I just picked up a copy yesterday and I'm chomping at the bit to listen to it for the first time today.

I spent a good portion of last night watching Ro blow dro on the Z-Ro Vision dvd.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    that song with spice 1 is good. z-ro rips that shit. ride all day is a banger too. the dvd that comes with omega is pretty lol

Watching that Z-Ro Vision dvd, I forgot that the Z-Ro show here in Austin early last year that was cancelled by the fire marshall was also going to sport Lil Keke, Big Pokey, Big HAWK (RIP), Lil O, and ESG.

harvey,

be extra-critical for a moment and tell me how you think "King Of Tha Ghetto 2K7 : Power" ranks w everything else he's done recently?

After a couple of listens, I'd have to say that Power is a cut below I'm Still Livin'...with both of them being pretty obvious cut and paste jobs...that despite their sonic shortcomings still work like a maufucka.

IMO just about anything Z-Ro touches is basically leaving every other rap lyricist in the dust. No one since 2Pac has graphically captured real life experiences in their raps like Z-Ro does. He's got the ability to express emotion to such an incredibly genuine degree. Z-Ro's version of hip-hop has more to do with the blues than anybody who has ever done it, and to my ears that is a wonderful thing.

It's to the point that I'd be perfectly comfortable if every other rapper in the game just *poof* disappeared, leaving Z-Ro as the only rapper for any of us to ever pay attention to. That would be about the best way for his absolute genius to garner the respect and admiration that it damn well deserves...on top of forcing some of these root issues in the hoods of America to be finally considered by all as crucially important topics of discussion and healing.

What we're seeing right now with Texas and Louisiana being about the only places that are even coming close to putting Ro on his rightful pedastal makes me think of John Coltrane not really being given the praise he deserved during his lifetime.

Yes, folks...it is indeed like that.

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    harvey,

be extra-critical for a moment and tell me how you think "King Of Tha Ghetto 2K7 : Power" ranks w everything else he's done recently?

After a couple of listens, I'd have to say that Power is a cut below I'm Still Livin'...with both of them being pretty obvious cut and paste jobs...that despite their sonic shortcomings still work like a maufucka.

IMO just about anything Z-Ro touches is basically leaving every other rap lyricist in the dust. No one since 2Pac has graphically captured real life experiences in their raps like Z-Ro does. He's got the ability to express emotion to such an incredibly genuine degree. Z-Ro's version of hip-hop has more to do with the blues than anybody who has ever done it, and to my ears that is a wonderful thing.

It's to the point that I'd be perfectly comfortable if every other rapper in the game just *poof* disappeared, leaving Z-Ro as the only rapper for any of us to ever pay attention to. That would be about the best way for his absolute genius to garner the respect and admiration that it damn well deserves...on top of forcing some of these root issues in the hoods of America to be finally considered by all as crucially important topics of discussion and healing.

What we're seeing right now with Texas and Louisiana being about the only places that are even coming close to putting Ro on his rightful pedastal makes me think of John Coltrane not really being given the praise he deserved during his lifetime.

Yes, folks...it is indeed like that.

Damn I've been sleeping on "RO"