what's poppin in SanFran (June 22-29th related)

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
i just graduated from college and my moms is taking me out to SanFran as a graduation gift. i know there was just a post about san fran, but it sinked and from the title people think it was a "finds" post and not a "where is the cool shit/whats goign on" post, which is what i want this to be. so if you are in the area could you please give me some guidance as to where to find-any good shows and/or DJ nights-good food-oh yeah...and records (you don't gotta give up your secret spots, but just a nice DJ friendly record shop. a place for new 12 inches, and a place that's got some nice used 12 inches.-anythign else that's not to be missed for someone whose never been to calialso, people seem to like raving hitler, even more than the "i'd hit it" dancing bannana. so i'll keep it if people dig it, but i've also been thinking about changing my icon to THIS: FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/dopoll.php">INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1119337114TheBeatGoes">

what do ya'll think?[/b]keep hitler iconchange it to them d00dz on that ballon/pickleINPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons">

Comments

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    -oh yeah...and records (you don't gotta give up your secret spots, but just a nice DJ friendly record shop. a place for new 12 inches, and a place that's got some nice used 12 inches.

If you only have time for one place, definitely the Groove Merchant (there's a reason why it gets mentioned over and over in these threads). Just doesn't get any DJ friendlier. Spend some time there, drink it in.

• Conratulations on your diploma!

We're doing this show on the 24th, although this might easily be kicked around in the "Live Hip-Hop Bands Unappreciation" post

I'll throw you on the list if you're interested.

Also, I'll be at the Groove Merchant (haight st @ pierce) on Thursday the 24th if you'd like to stop by and say hello/peruse the shop...of course I would be more than happy to give you some record spots to hit from there.

• i know Groove Merchant keeps popping up in posts, but i actully had no idea it was in San Fran, all i knew about was ameobia so i'll deffinitly be checking that spot out now.

i'll check into weather we allready got plans on thurs night, and get back to you. sounds like it could be a cool show. would you say that it's "mom friendly" or should i just roll solo?

while there i also made plans to visit

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I may be hitting up the Stones Throw tour Thursday. Check it out at http://stonesthrow.com/upcoming/index.html

It's worth going just to see J-Rocc spin. He's a master unlike no other.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    i'll check into weather we allready got plans on thurs night, and get back to you. sounds like it could be a cool show. would you say that it's "mom friendly" or should i just roll solo?

while there i also made plans to visit

Oh yeah, highly worth it. You might also want to try walking on the Golden Gate Bridge--it's free and pretty impressive.

Don't forget to bring warm clothes[/b] Out by the bay is will be cold, windy, and foggy--typical summer weather 'round here.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

Don't forget to bring warm clothes[/b] Out by the bay is will be cold, windy, and foggy--typical summer weather 'round here.

Which is cool because I can sport my hipster hoodie year round.

• thanks for the tips, i get on the plane tommorow afternoon

i read that madlib will do an "in-store" thingy at ameoba on thursday before the stones throw show