45 Storage care of Ikea

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I saw a TV ad that Ikea was having a sale so I went down to the Emeryville store to see what they had. To my great joy I found these cardboard boxes called Pappis, which are fold up cardboard boxes which are perfect for 45 storage. Ikea on line says they're goin for $1.49, but right now they're only $1 a piece! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00100467If you want something more sturdy, they also have these wooden boxes which you have to assemble called Trissa that come in black and white that are going for $7.99http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40101276I loaded up on a bunch of the cardboard ones.

Comments

• Awww shit, thanks for the heads up on these. I've got major 45 spillage going on right now. Going to load up on these cardboard dealies.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    how many do they fit?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

They make bigger ones like this that are perfect for LPs.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    I get mine at bagsunlimited.com

• I get mine at bagsunlimited.com

I'm guessing they charge more than $1 though, right? Amoeba sells cardboard boxes for 45s but they're like $5 a pop.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    They are opening an Ikea just down the street from me July 25th. Festivities start at 6:00am, doors open at 9:00am, store & restaurant opens at 10:00am. So you can get in the store an hour before it opens. Which makes sense because it takes more than an hour to walk through one of them behemoths.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts
    I always get lost there (their intention)...and hate being there...my gf and I usually find shit we need...but, damn...i hate being there...

did anyone ever peep the Futurama...with the "piekea" dude...haha...when he delivers their package...that shit is funny...continue on...

oh, and HOW MANY 45s do these boxes fit?

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Does anyone know if they make a small shelf unit that fits these well? I definitely need to step up my 45 organization.

I remember someone posting up a chest of drawers that fit 45s well. Maybe it was this one.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    They are opening an Ikea just down the street from me July 25th. Festivities start at 6:00am, doors open at 9:00am, store & restaurant opens at 10:00am.

Maybe wait until next week to visit.

• Whys everything so cheap in America? Overhere we pay mad cash for simple things.
    This while Ikea was swedish right? Right on top of where Iive.

demnnn.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I always get lost there (their intention)...and hate being there...my gf and I usually find shit we need...but, damn...i hate being there...

did anyone ever peep the Futurama...with the "piekea" dude...haha...when he delivers their package...that shit is funny...continue on...

I'd say around 40-50 maybe.

Does anyone know if they make a small shelf unit that fits these well? I definitely need to step up my 45 organization.

I remember someone posting up a chest of drawers that fit 45s well. Maybe it was this one.

Ikea actually has a whole bunch of new drawers that are the same dimension as those boxes. I was measuring the depth and length of a bunch of them. Most would carry about 3 rows of 45s across. Can't remember any of the names though.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

And does this black one have A TOP so you can stack them shits and not get dust all up in yer shat.
    My old Bags Unltd joints are not aging well.

I'd say around 40-50 maybe.

Scratch that. They hold around 100-120 45s

And does this black one have A TOP so you can stack them shits and not get dust all up in yer shat.

Look at picture in 1st post! Yes on the cardboard boxes. No on the wooden ones, but you don't need tops on those to stack them because, well they're made out of wood!

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Look at picture in 1st post! Yes on the cardboard boxes. No on the wooden ones, but you don't need tops on those to stack them because, well they're made out of wood!

I have one of these at home. I didn't realize the bigger ones fit LP's I will be picking some up this weekend.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

You're too good to me.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    i went to the local wal mart and got these sturdy plastic bins about 7.5 inches wide and probably 2 to 2.5 feet long with locking lids. they hold my 45s perfectly. they stack, lock, and dust can not get in them. i'm not about boxes at all. just my .02 thrown in. they cost about $1.97 each.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Someone needs to invent the ultimate baller 45 storage center with rose wood drawers and shit.

Whys everything so cheap in America? Overhere we pay mad cash for simple things.
    This while Ikea was swedish right? Right on top of where Iive.

demnnn.

You are paying for health insurance, housing and other social programs. Here we sleep on the streets and hope to never get sick.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts

What we do is go in, find what we want, walk backwards and then go through the exit - much quicker, and you don't have to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find your way out!

• phono13phono13 842 Posts

This was 3-4 years ago.

What we do is go in, find what we want, walk backwards and then go through the exit - much quicker, and you don't have to leave a trail of breadcrumbs to find your way out!

Extra bonus, no cashier!