That 6000 dollar Paradise Modern Soul LP

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
anyone ever grip it,rip it or ear it?obviously quite rare but dang, 6 grand?http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4714342653

Comments

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts
    That's bullshit. I known Strutter has stock of that Onyx pressing, and it's not even the 1st pressing to begin with. I sold my OG UK pressing for somewhere around $275. That Canadian pressing is on the bay every week.

The record has a couple of OK, tracks but not good enough for me to keep it.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    hahaha.

c'mon now.
    don't believe everything you read.

dope record. i really like it a lot, something really deep about it... i don't know about only a couple good songs. i love this record in its entirety.

funny that this should be going up this morning--- as Paradise is the first LP on my set sale which should be posted in about 5 minutes.

you can copy it for $125 rather than $6G's if you like

• I've heard it before, guy i knew had one in not so great shape, but i know nothing about modern soul to judge what the hell is was hearing, i'll never in my life understand how people can justify such prices for a not so great record. You'd have to be playing that joint out at every venue to get what your money was worth!!

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    That's bullshit. I known Strutter has stock of that Onyx pressing, and it's not even the 1st pressing to begin with. I sold my OG UK pressing for somewhere around $275. That Canadian pressing is on the bay every week.

The record has a couple of OK, tracks but not good enough for me to keep it.

As for stock on it, limited. there really aren't that many copies out there. I had 5 total and sold the majority.

the onyx press is not a canadian press as far as i know.
    onyx was a christian label out of tennessee, they distributed other gospel releases.
    Paradise was actually a gospel group from the UK... they had two other records. they're all good.

• It's getting harder & harder to find stuff on ebay cause of these new stupid changes to the search system, i think you have to actually look hard now to find what you want!!! Here is a copy that ended just a few days ago at $116 listed as MINT and on the ONYX int label... sooooo $6,000 = a gimp

this ebay link even has a DIVshare link, so you can listen for yourself and boogie oogie woogie to the beat.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paradise-Worlds-Midn...VQQcmdZViewItem

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Is this the same Onyx that had Phil Brown & God's Earth? They had a modern gospel single called "He Didn't Have To Do It" that is absolutely killer. I'd pay a Strutter that could hook me up with this.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    For those who want to try before they [really] buy, it was booted on CD earlier this year.
    Paradise

Fave songs off this one are the title track and "Stop and Think," which has this really excellent string section riff towards the coda.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It would be great if this discussion got moved "downstairs," know what I'm saying?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    It would be great if this discussion got moved "downstairs," know what I'm saying?

Ahhhyeahhhh

Somebodie make ma day!