Francis Lai [OST related]

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
i watched a nice Ren?? Cl??ment movie yesterday night.. some late 60`s french/italian production called "Le Passager de la pluie". Now the title theme of this movie was quite nice so i checked on the teletext who made the OST and it`s a guy called francis lai. i checked popsike and it seems like his stuff is highly sought after, did i miss something? other than the theme of the movie the rest of the music was poor average to me.. anyone got some of his OST stuff?

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    He's done some right old toss but there are gems there too. "L'aventure c'est l'aventure" is a goodie. "Bilitis" isn't. Hit and miss.

• planlessplanless 819 Posts
    "L'aventure c'est l'aventure" is a goodie.

the track "RAPT" is

• Francis Lai is the most famous soundtrack maker name in France with Michel Legrand. Everybody knows Lai, as almost nobody knows about Goraguer, Colombier or even De Roubaix except in the rare groove small world.
    He is mostly good for his piano melodies. The real "funky man" behind him is Christian Gaubert, his arranger. Their team brought us some very nice OST.

Francis Lai Best of:

Le Corps De Mon Ennemi (dope OST, excellent movie with Belmondo)
    La Baby Sitter (great OST, don't know the movie, very rare)
    La Lecon Particuliere (great one two)
    L'Aventure C'est L'Aventure (great one)
    I've never forget what's his name (one tracker, the US press is easy to find, a 9.99$ classic on ebay)
    Un Homme Qui plait (good one tracker, great road movie in USA with Belmondo and Annie Girardot)
    Madly (very hard to find OST, starring Alain Delon)