BOSTON - GET AT ME 2007

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
After the usual 2 months of procrastination andchanging dates, it looks like I'm locked in fornext Sunday, July 1 for the 1st JP VINYL YARD SALE& RECORD SWAP of 2007. Now, this isn't (completely)an ad for said swap, I'll do that right in the ANNOUNCEMENTS section during the week, but I'm onthe recruit tip so I need heads that sleep on theANNOUNCEMENTS to see this, too - Anyway, usual deal, this Sunday 11AM until mid-afternoon,I leave it open to anybody who wants to bring records andsell or swap or whatever. Usually get at least 4 sellersand more with trades. I'll have like six hundred LP's andendless 45's for sale, at all prices, and some heavier shit for the real heads. My house is on Centre, right in the middle of the JP business strip, so walk-up business ismassive on a nice summer day. I advertise on the usual web dealsand flyer all over town at record shops and coffee spots.OH, YEAH - WE DRINK BEER, TOO.(the part of BEARDED D in this photo is played by D******)SO HIT ME ON THE PM IF YOU WANT TO SELL so I can get an idea of howmany are selling. Everybody else watch the ANNOUNCEMENTS section forthe address and info or just get me on the PM. LET'S DO THIS!

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Oh, yeah - and please post stupid shit in this thread
    to keep it bumped. Clon, jpegs of Gretchen Mol, etc ...

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What's the story w/ all of those records outside of the record shop?

What's the story w/ all of those records outside of the record shop?

An OG spot in Pittsburgh that had a massive
    flood in 2004. I think they rebuilt, but the
    stock lost must have been ridiculous.

• who's gonna have this

Sorry, no records from Ontario here.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

Let me talk to the wife and see what I can do. I might have to bring a lot of the same shit as last time though.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    well this is some bullshit, i get in on the 2nd.

fuckers

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    well this is some bullshit, i get in on the 2nd.

fuckers

yeah. once again i will be missing out. i get back from california at 6am that morning.
    poo.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I'll probably roll through with some Dogfish Head and some money begging to be spent. If the previous night doesn't render me immobile. My liver, that is.

yeah. once again i will be missing out. i get back from california at 6am that morning.

then you CAN make it, hommie!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Oh, yeah - and please post stupid shit in this thread
    to keep it bumped. Clon, jpegs of Gretchen Mol, etc ...

guess there's not much need for me to start a separate thread then...
    I will be in Boston from 7/2 - 7/7. kickin' it w/my gf but we will be connecting w/Great Blue Hills on Tuesday the 3rd in the afternoon.
    PM info if you'd like to connect. i would like to meet some of you as long as you are not complete weirdos.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts

then you CAN make it, hommie!

fuck it.
    imma try like hell to get there. im just thinking ill be jet lagged like a mudda.

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    I'd like to get up there. I used to live in the area (on Sheriden). Fun place. I still keep in touch with the Mister Records guys (Plunge Into Death, Magic People) from JP and bring 'em down to CT for shows occasionally.

This might be the perfect excuse to visit the old neighborhood. We'll see how much this Saturday night drains me.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    we have any details i can forward to my friends yet?

address & shiiiiit?

-pj

we have any details i can forward to my friends yet?

address & shiiiiit?

-pj

Sure - tonight is when I'll be posting the "ads" on here, Waxidermy,
    Craig's List, MySpace, etc - and I just came from Kinko's, made 40 flyers
    and have already hung them up in a few spots, but here's the basic info
    for your crew:

this Sunday, the 1st - 11AM until probably 2:30-3:00 (depending on how
    busy it is and how drunk I am) the address is
    630 Centre St.
    Jamaica Plain, MA
    Right by the corner of Centre & Green, heart of JP
    business district.

Things are coming together, this should be a good one!!

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

just in....

Ty Jesso aka Mr.Magic45 aka MrCuzzBand

...is making the trip up from providence with "a few boxes of new arrivals for trade".

this is shaping up to be legendary.

-pj