Ricky Hatton Is A Bad Ass Mofo....(Boxing Related)

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
But does he stand a chance against Floyd Mayweather???

Comments

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Castillo had alot on his mind...

• But does he stand a chance against Floyd Mayweather???

Ricky is garbage,utterly. I mean, Castillo must have had some major alligators chewing at his pockets, because he clearly took a dive...I thought I was watching ODH vs hopkins at first, the shit was ridiculous.

I can now classify castillo with ODH and Duran as being a bum-mexican....mexicans are tough ass fighters, fucking tough as nails, that is there history.NO excuse!

Also, boxing does not need crap like that. It has been a good year so far, and bullshit fights like that should not exist.

Hatton? ...Please!. He is UK weak sauce ...Jab, then hold...bodyshot, then hold, hold. I thought he was rehearsing for WWF.

The welterweight divison is weak like kardashian pussywalls.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    44-0 can't be total crap....

But that theme song his fans sing is pure comedy.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    44-0 can't be total crap....

Against who??? His biggest victories were against two past-their-prime fighters (Castillo & Tsuzu). topped with When he convincingly beats a REAL, young top fighter, then I might Otherwise, I think dude is And HELL NO, he doesn't stand a chance against Mayweather, or Margarito, Moseley, and Cotto for that matter.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    But does he stand a chance against Floyd Mayweather???

Ricky is garbage,utterly. I mean, Castillo must have had some major alligators chewing at his pockets, because he clearly took a dive...I thought I was watching ODH vs hopkins at first, the shit was ridiculous.

I can now classify castillo with ODH and Duran as being a bum-mexican....mexicans are tough ass fighters, fucking tough as nails, that is there history.NO excuse!

Also, boxing does not need crap like that. It has been a good year so far, and bullshit fights like that should not exist.

Hatton? ...Please!. He is UK weak sauce ...Jab, then hold...bodyshot, then hold, hold. I thought he was rehearsing for WWF.

The welterweight divison is weak like kardashian pussywalls.

duran is panamanian

hatton is tough, you can tell he takes his conditioning really seriously. he does grapple too much, which is fucking dull to watch. yeah, both Tsuzu and Castillo were past their prime (Castillo esp, last night was kinda a goof, castillo looked NOTHING like the guy who fought corrales...) but until he beat Oscar, Floyd didn't have much of a resume in terms of quality opponents... and like floyd, i think hatton is going to have to move up in weight class to get some good fights...

hatton vs. cotto would be a really good fight... floyd/hatton just ain't gonna happen until hatton beats cotto or mosley or someone with a name...

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

every time i see this at the end of your posts i get a visual of you slamming the mouse down to click submit, then walking away from the computer pissed off.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

every time i see this at the end of your posts i get a visual of you slamming the mouse down to click submit, then walking away from the computer pissed off.

Nah, I'm a pretty easygoing cat. I wish goodwill unto everyone.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    When's the last time Hatton fought outside the UK?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    Rooney!

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    When's the last time Hatton fought outside the UK?

I'm a bit confused by this question - Hatton's last three fights have been in the US and he hasn't fought in England since 2005.

I thought it was a good win for him and was pleased that he'd finally found a bit of form in an American fight as there's nothing more tedious than watching a UK boxer get a big chance and then fail to live up to the hype. It was a hell of a punch as well.

I don't think he's proved himself fully yet and he's still not quite up to the powerhouse destruction levels he was before he crossed the Atlantic but I'd love to see the rumoured Mayweather bout happen.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Hatton's a pretty tough lad but he hasn't shone for a while and he can do better. Not sure there are any truly great fighters at the weight at the moment.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

Nah, I'm a pretty easygoing cat. I wish goodwill unto everyone.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yep... until somebody get it twitted and you gots to KNOCK THEM THE F**K OUT!
    big stacks is the REAL largeprofessor!!!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    that 'KO' was

thats all.

I in no way think that Hatton has proved himself at the highest level yet and understand where Stacks is coming from. However I fail to understand the problem some people are having with the KO. Is it because it's a body punch?

Castillo's promoter, Bob Arum, paid tribute to Hatton. "He can be a major, major world star. He is English-speaking and he has magnificent fans. I congratulate Ricky Hatton. The shot you saw... I have been in boxing 42 years and only five times have I seen the liver shot thrown so well. Once you get hit that way, the guy don't breathe for 30 seconds. It is better than one to the chin, it is the perfect shot."

I in no way think that Hatton has proved himself at the highest level yet and understand where Stacks is coming from. However I fail to understand the problem some people are having with the KO. Is it because it's a body punch?

Castillo's promoter, Bob Arum, paid tribute to Hatton. "He can be a major, major world star. He is English-speaking and he has magnificent fans. I congratulate Ricky Hatton. The shot you saw... I have been in boxing 42 years and only five times have I seen the liver shot thrown so well. Once you get hit that way, the guy don't breathe for 30 seconds. It is better than one to the chin, it is the perfect shot."

Hey Junior,

I, knowing boxing (used to box as a youngster), DO NOT question the knockout. A well-placed liver shot will take your breath away and put you down. That was a great punch, and most dudes would have hit the canvas afterwards. I just question the level of competition he's faced, similar to Oscar De La Hoya early in his career (beating old washed up dudes, and he didn't really beat Sweet Pea, for that matter). I digress. I've been burned before by unproven, so-called up-and-coming boxers, so I approach endorsing young dudes cautiously. Don't forget about overhyped cats like Alex Garcia, Tommy Morrison, Jeff Lacy, Ray Mercer, Gerry Cooney (after the Norton 0:54 stoppage), Prince Naseem Hamed, Fernando Vargas, David Reid, Ricardo Williams, Emmitt Linton, Jameel McCline, Michael Grant, etc.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey Junior,

I, knowing boxing (used to box as a youngster, DO NOT question the knockout. A well-placed liver shot will take your breath away and put you down. That was a great punch, and most dudes would have hit the canvas afterwards. I just question the level of competition he's faced, similar to Oscar De La Hoya early in his career (beating old washed up dudes, and he didn't really beat Sweet Pea, for that matter). I digress. I've been burned before by unproven, so-called up-and-coming boxers, so I approach endorsing young dudes cautiously. Don't forget about overhyped cats like Alex Garcia, Tommy Morrison, Jeff Lacy, Ray Mercer, Gerry Cooney (after the Norton 0:54 stoppage), Prince Naseem Hamed, Fernando Vargas, David Reid, Ricardo Williams, etc.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Thanks Stacks. Realise my original post read like i was putting you in the group questioning the knockdown but it was more directed at those who suggested that the finish to the fight was somehow rigged.

I definitely know where you're coming from regarding competition- one of the main problems these days seems to be the hype that builds in the media before a fighter has properly proven themselves. I for one was a major champion of Hamed in his UK fights before he came apart so spectacularly as soon as he went to America, it's the main reason why, as much as I've enjoyed his performances so far, I won't leap on the Amir Khan bandwagon yet. Hatton has impressed me with the fights I've seen but, as you say, you can't really judge the greatness of a boxer until they face the top guys at the top of their game.

Edit: Just noticed you included Tommy Morrison in your list! Sigh, the Great White Hope.

• Hatton is pretty good - if he can run the fight his way..

Great list of nearly`s there Stacks..

Mercer was robbed against Lewis,Lacy was murdered by Calzaghe,Cooney and Morrison were always crap and Naseem was the definition of the hypebeast.

Hatton is pretty good - if he can run the fight his way..

Great list of nearly`s there Stacks..

Mercer was robbed against Lewis,Lacy was murdered by Calzaghe,Cooney and Morrison were always crap and Naseem was the definition of the hypebeast.

Remember, Mercer was beat by, uh, Jesse Ferguson (eliminating his title shot with Riddick Bowe, in which Ferguson was slaughtered in 2 rounds) and an old Larry Holmes. That is not my definition of a world-beater. A real prospect would have murdered those two. I agree that Mercer beat Lewis.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Shannon Briggs is the fighter I am guilty of backing that turned to shit.

Shannon Briggs is the fighter I am guilty of backing that turned to shit.

Hey Badder,

I have sooooo many that disappointed me. Check these out:

-Howard Davis (that loss to Jim Watt broke my heart).
    -Mark Breland.
    -John Tate.
    -cosign on Shannon Briggs.
    -Vernon Forrest.
    -Ike Quartey.
    -Kennedy McKinney.
    -Lamar Parks.
    -Jimmy Young (he's was robbed a few times, though).
    -John Mugabi.
    -Ike Ikeabuchi (doin' a bid-related).
    -Greg Page (his fat-ass wouldn't train for shit).
    -Renaldo Snipes.
    -Pinklon Thomas.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Shannon Briggs is the fighter I am guilty of backing that turned to shit.

Hey Badder,

I have sooooo many that disappointed me. Check these out:

-Howard Davis (that loss to Jim Watt broke my heart).
    -Mark Breland.
    -John Tate.
    -cosign on Shannon Briggs.
    -Vernon Forrest.
    -Ike Quartey.
    -Kennedy McKinney.
    -Lamar Parks.
    -Jimmy Young (he's was robbed a few times, though).
    -John Mugabi.
    -Ike Ikeabuchi (doin' a bid-related).
    -Greg Page (his fat-ass wouldn't train for shit).
    -Renaldo Snipes.
    -Pinklon Thomas.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Co-sign on Forrest.
    Iran Barkley(when Benn beat him)

I'd love to see the rumoured Mayweather bout happen.

As if by magic..........

Mayweather to take Hatton bait

'He's taking this personally - Floyd is going to kick his butt'

Ricky Hatton's taunts may have had the desired effect and tempted Floyd Mayweather out of retirement.
    After Hatton's stunning fourth-round stoppage of Jose Luis Castillo in the early hours of Sunday morning, the IBF light welterweight champion challenged Mayweather to a multi-million-pound super-fight.

Both fighters are unbeaten, but Mayweather had previously insisted last month's victory over Oscar de la Hoya would be his final bout. Now, Mayweather's adviser Leonard Ellerbe claims Hatton's jibes have paid off.

"He got Floyd's attention. Now we're calling his bluff," Ellerbe told the New York Daily News. "All he has to do is make a deal and he'll have his chance to back up all that talk. All that's standing between him and Floyd is air and opportunity.
    "We can make the deal this week. He's very, very disrespectful. He's trying to promote himself off Floyd's name. When we make the deal, we'll show the world why he's the most overrated fighter of this decade. Floyd has never taken any fight personally. But he's taking this personally. Floyd is going to kick his butt."

Ellerbe revealed Mayweather was far from impressed by Hatton's performance against Castillo at the Thomas and Mack Center, Las Vegas. "He said he only wants to fight the best - then sign the contract," Ellerbe said. "Floyd's going to show all his fans in Britain just what a phoney he is."