ARE THE STREETS FEELIN' ALICIA KEYS?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I was wondering so I[m the soulstrutta commu-u-n-i-t-y. Does she get love on the block? I've always seen her as a little more pop than soul. I don't know. Maybe if she did more remixes with hip-hop dudes.

Comments

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I thought she was automatic on here. Beautiful eyes, hair, voice, and piano skills to say the least has to give her some props. The Diary of Alicia Keys is heaven in the CD player on a rainy and hot sultry night. Dragon Days is fire.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    The Diary of Alicia Keys is heaven in the CD player on a rainy and hot sultry night.

[i]So erotic.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    all i can say is listen to her track "loving you" and realize her potential.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I betcha Alicia FEELS reeeeeeeeal nice!!! She's a cutie but her voice doesn't appeal to me, although I like some of her music.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    She can't sing and I really find a lot of her music "forced" although I like the concept behind it.

I like the Neptunes remix of her version of "How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore?" And I also like the reggage remix of the "You Don't Know My Name" record.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Yes. The streets rep her. All my sistafriends are all about Alicia Keys. She gets bumped in the whip around the way. Played at the Rucker B-BQ. Rocked on the Ghetto Becky Ipod. He status is solid w/ the hood.
    All her leading men in her videos are Hip Hop cats as well. And her Booty guarantees her status.

She'll probably be at the Parade today.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Ghetto Becky Ipod.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    The Streets? The UK band?

• Her music is nice, since she is pretty original with her writing.. but as for her looks i'll pass, she forgot to shave her hairy chest!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i think she's cute, and i can dig her music, but man, when she talks she sounds like very unfeminine!!!

i think she's cute, when she talks she sounds like very unfeminine!!!

That deep voice is sexy. IMO.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    ghetto becky

COT DAMN!

And man, I was only being serious with the the idea of this thread (The streets=soulstrut, ROR!).

She's cool, I like "You don't know my name" and was feeling this track she did on the Shaft Soundtrack, but I think she's in that "PRE-LOADED ON YOUR IPOD/CD AT STARBUCKS" status

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    She got all the love in the world 5 years ago. Now it seems to be Amy Whinehouse's turn.

She got all the love in the world 5 years ago. Now it seems to be Amy Whinehouse's turn.

Call me when Winehouse gets the cover of Essence magazine.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

Call me when Winehouse gets the cover of Essence magazine.

[apolgoist dude] Well why not? She's a great R&B singer that has filled a void that began once disco took over! She validates the notion of new soul music! [/apologist dude]

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    ugh she's always been mediocre to bad IMO, and the mediocre is only when the production is catered to her. her writing is pitiful. Yes females like her.