Okay, be honest...Who here is a LARPer?

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacies_LARPSee also:Elise's YouTube posts in the JustAlice/Elise threadI suggest that any and all differences be settled LARP-style at Raj's mansion. We can make it an annual event so that contestants have enough time to fully develop their petty beefs as well as design costumes and weaponry.I suspect Crinky and HarveyCanal already have their own LARP identities, anyone else wanna pick names, traits and specialties? Roll the die, bitches... Herm(For the record, I'm not familiar with role-playing games. I don't even play video games. I'm just setting shit off.)

Comments

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    def not me, but I did have a roomie that was one. He smoked hella weed, and well, you know.

Schitts hilarious to me.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    This guy in my college takes part in this stuff. He sometimes even brings this homemade axe and shield to school for some reason. That shit kinda freaks me out.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

I suggest that any and all differences be settled LARP-style at Raj's mansion.

I motion that!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Leave it to my fellow Washingtonians....
    Makes me want to move back to Oregon even more!

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

The girl clapping at the end makes this video.

Lightning Bolt.

• chasechase 767 Posts

The girl clapping at the end makes this video.

Lightning Bolt.

dude had mad lighting bolts, MP for dayz

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    We have a a larper at my job. He is a big slob of a guy who doesn't give a flying fuck about dress codes.

He also has seasonal wardrobe. For instance, right now, from what I gather, medieval is the summer rage for larpers. Last spring it was dress up like a Matrix character. Over the winter there was a Battelstar Galactica thing going on ushered in after the fall's oh so appropriate dress like a fat stinky bed headed vampire.

Yes it seems that no matter what the character, showers are never a good accessory.

I do sort of light graphic design for work and he hired my department to create a "skill level" sheet for his vampire character. Right off the bat he gave himself two points in the sexy[/b] category.

It goes on and on. Apparently one of our sales people asked him point blank why he plays with styrofoam weapons. He angrilied replied that they weren't "styrofoam", that they were infact "modelers foam"; then, raising his bejewled and caped arm in front of his unshaven face he spun on his heel in a half circle and stormed off in his freshly polished pair of knee high pirate boots.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    not larper related but it falls in the same category of geeks/nerds

czech it out

http://www.break.com/index/kid-pranks-guild-in-vent.html

• DescryDescry 229 Posts
    I CAST MAGIC MISSILE!

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

czech it out

"oooooooooohhhhh snap!"

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Check out this version w/fx added!!

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Shit is real up in the battlefield.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

czech it out

oh shit!!

• rolled through pickwick33's halloween soul party with a posse of wizards. kept accidentally poking people on the dancfloor with homemade wizard staffs. shit was a blast.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    I used to work at a Sizzler where these guys and ladies ranging from ages 30-80 would come in every Sunday in a pack of a dozen or so in full Tolkien-like regalia (including real daggers on the belt straps and such, which often sparked the concern of the elderly after-chuch crowd). They ordered from the salad bar and they would go through a hell of a lot of white zinfandel. Unfortunately, they weren't the types who were hardcore enough not to break character. One of them, a dangerously skinny Pia Zadora lookaline, almost choked on a plate full of ribs while the wizard guy was knocking over chairs, about to give her the Heimlich maneuver.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    sad

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I think there should be a LARP 'Waxidermy' vs 'the Strut' battle.

Waxidermy have to dress as wizards

- their weapons would include wizard spells, and downer vibes

'the Strut' must come as whiteboygangbangers

- their weapons include gangsta rap lyric incantations, and 40s, for power-up energy replenishment.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

I suspect Crinky and HarveyCanal already have their own LARP identities, anyone else wanna pick names, traits and specialties?

I played Dungeons and Dragons a few times as a kid. That was over 20 years ago.

I have no idea why you think I would be a candidate to play anything of the sort since then.

Like you, I don't even play video games.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    LARP is cool w/ me. But dont bring that shit to work or up in the club.
    I dont see any difference in this than Lazer Tag or Paint Ball.

My college roomate was a Rennaissance Fair going mofo. Dude would rehearse in the room. I can tolerate that Wizard/King Arthur/Lord Of The Rings/etc only for so long. My tolerance was higher than most of our peers due to my comic book/sci fi shit. Charlie's nickname was Merlin. Cats would clonn like "Batman & Merlin"hahahahah....